Tactical jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedRhyme713

Jr Member
Hey everyone

My new years resolution is to Finnish my Sargent Johnson Armour
last year it got neglected a lot due to other commitments with work going on tour from September to December across all of the uk

so what is the nearest i can buy to this or build if someone can link me to a tactical jacket like this online the money isn't a problem this was the biggest thing i budgeted for

Thanks ^_^

Attachments

• Duvall.jpg
    Duvall.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 336
I dont know if they have them where you live, but here in the States we have army surplus stores. You can buy just about any old military equipment from them, including uniform pieces. If you do find a store, check it out, they might have something there. If not, I agree with with Lazarus215, the Multicam pattern looks pretty close, or the NWU Type III to give it a sort of modern/futuristic look with the pixilated pattern.

Looking on amazon, I found something pretty close.
http://goo.gl/fPBfRg

The seller has a few other jackets that look close but they don't have them grouped together to view different sizes.
Good luck man! If you do find something, let us know so if there is another person looking for something similar, they know what to look for, or where to find it.

That just a plate carrier or load barring vest with a few ammunition attachments to it. They aren't that hard to find.

the camouflage looks like the American Vine one from the ol' days :b
If you're in the UK, which I think you are but not too sure, there are plenty of Surplus stores and you could most likely find a jacket there. I would actually recommend DPM, it may be a bit dark but boy is it cheap in the UK. I wouldn't go for Multicam, the pattern is too populated for what it is. If you could get hold of the Civvie hunting camo, where it's the leaves and twigs that would work too

DO NOT BUY CIVI CAMO FABRIC FOR THIS. Make your armor however you normally would. gather sticks, leaves, grass/hedge clippings etc AND LOOSE WEAVE BURLAP. OD green, sand,loam, and mud brown spray paint. apply gathered materials in thick (2") layers, the first coat of paint applied will be least visible. DO NOT REMOVE LAYERS OF MATERIAL UNTIL ALL PAINT IS APPLIED AND CURED

Also, if your wanting a chest rig, BDS tactical (State side) is one of the best in the industry, lots of options, build yours up0 the way you want it (built for acctual combat, with the accompanying price tag, shouldn't be a prob considering the pound is what $1.25-40? so there 25-40% off

I think he's just looking for the BDU.

To me it looks like camo in the picture is just some light woodland camo.
Like people have listed best way is to just find surplus store which is pretty much google your area with keywords such as "used army uniforms" etc.

Yes, he WAS looking for BDU and not how to make one. in fact.
R C LAWRENCE, please do not post in threads weren't updated in 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back