M45 Tactical Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazorka

Figured I would post and start a new thread. Been lurking for awhile now. Printed and have cut out all the pieces to a M45 Tactical Shotgun. That's about it for now. Brand new to these here shannanigans (how do you spell that word anyways?) but man is there an absolute ton of information on this site.

Doing your research will get you far.

I've never seen the shotgun built, so I'd like to see that attempted. The sooner you get pics up, the sooner you get those sweet imaginary internet points.

Those internet points taste so, so good. Wish they paid the bills.

Reckon 2015 is gonna be the year I build a 3D printer... It's going that way in this field. Not to mention, I have other strings to my bow than just propmaking, and 3D printing should theoretically be a time-saver.

Agreed, please earn some internet points and give us some pictures to look at.

When you say 'pieces'. Are you doing this with a pepakura model or are you doing some kind of sliced version? Give us a little more information, I am curious now, always thought about doing a shotgun.

So it is going to be pepakura. I have never done anything like this before but hey don't think I am doing to bad. I have the butt stock, handle, and trigger assembly done but still a long ways to go. Maybe if I get enough of those SWEET SWEET internet points I can (insert cool thing here)

IMG_20141130_195254_474.jpg

wow that looks like it's going swell! Wouldn't have guessed you were a first-timer :thumbsup
I've had that file sitting on my hard drive for a while now too, maybe I can garner enough inspiration from this build to start one of my own.
These are for the pic, *tosses e-points your way*

So as I continue to build this piece I am thinking about my future armor that I am going to be building. Has anyone ever used magnets to attach "holster" there prop weapon to the back of the armor? I was thinking about putting in a metal strip inside the shotgun along the inside. then a strong magnet in the back piece. Any thoughts? Thinking I will have to use some sort of cushioning on the back probably to prevent any damage holstering the weapon.

should probably note i did some research in the forums on this and it was talked about but didnt see any threads that actually had any ones experience doing this. or the thread that did discuss this had links that were old and no longer worked

PROGRESS!

To think I thought that starting all of this by choosing a weapon and doing that first would be the easiest way to learn pepakura method.

IMG_20141204_213123_576.jpg

Wow, that is some clean pep work. Great job. Also, while I have yet to build anything (long time lurker) I would say that the whole magnet holster is possible, and you should totally go for it. In fact, I think a few people have already done something like that. Subbed

those folds look very clean great work on that! I look forward to seeing your progress.

UPDATE

Sadly painting the inside of the house to make the wife happy and doing pep on a fake shotgun is not always conducive to getting them both done in a quick manner. However I have made progress. Hoping to get to the resin stage this weekend. Below are two picture. You may notice along the top rail there looks to be gaps. I did this on purpose. I left a couple of pieces of so that I can access the inside of the gun easily to rondo the inside after the outside is covered in resin. Thinking i will use some bondo glass or hair to make my rondo. Also of note I put in internal supports along the long flat pieces of the gun. It really helped out with keeping the gun stable and from warping as the gun has gotten longer and bigger. IMG_20141216_181521_196.jpg
IMG_20141216_181612_945.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back