Takin on Grunt armor in 1 1/2 days??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty5

Jr Member
alright so ive always liked the grunts the best and they deserve way more credit than they get in the covanent
anyways im tackling makin that huge pointy backpack thing and grunt armor out of cardboard since i work at the BK Lounge and i have an infinite access to it plus im makin a grunt suit so i can look like it under the armor

and its gotta b done by friday @ 730 pm .... :mad:

Piics will b up 2morrow

suggestions are appreciated

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
alright so ive always liked the grunts the best and they deserve way more credit than they get in the covanent
anyways im tackling makin that huge pointy backpack thing and grunt armor out of cardboard since i work at the BK Lounge and i have an infinite access to it plus im makin a grunt suit so i can look like it under the armor

and its gotta b done by friday @ 730 pm .... :mad:

Piics will b up 2morrow

suggestions are appreciated
how tall are you? cos if your not 3 ft tall i dont think its gunna suit you

but good luck ne-way

Last edited by a moderator:
Archa said:
how tall are you? cos if your not 3 ft tall i dont think its gunna suit you

but good luck ne-way

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Grunt
Hmmm....says here they're 1.67 meters tall, or....5.48 feet.
I don't blindly follow a wiki site like this....where information can easily be wrong if the person behind it is clueless, but....look at the other races. Elites, Brutes, the height values are correct for the others. So....I'm going to assume it might be close. Add to that, it's a site for Halo nuts :lol:

I gotta hand it to you though. I always wondered who would pick a pick a grunt costume, and what it would look like when it's done. Please please....when you're done, I need pictures! :lol:

.....and....2 days?! What are you doing on here! Rush! :p

MysticLegend said:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Grunt
Hmmm....says here they're 1.67 meters tall, or....5.48 feet.
I don't blindly follow a wiki site like this....where information can easily be wrong if the person behind it is clueless, but....look at the other races. Elites, Brutes, the height values are correct for the others. So....I'm going to assume it might be close. Add to that, it's a site for Halo nuts :lol:

I gotta hand it to you though. I always wondered who would pick a pick a grunt costume, and what it would look like when it's done. Please please....when you're done, I need pictures! :lol:

.....and....2 days?! What are you doing on here! Rush! :p

Yeah judging by what ive done so far which is just the top of the backpack thing im not gettin it done in 2 days for teh costume contest :mad: so ill just put more time into it

also im like 5'6" and when i get into "combat position" which is like hunched over and your legs spread ridiculously apart and knees rlly bent (like a grunt/hunter) i stand about like 4'10"/5' so i think it would be a realistic fit

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
Yeah judging by what ive done so far which is just the top of the backpack thing im not gettin it done in 2 days for teh costume contest :mad: so ill just put more time into it

also im like 5'6" and when i get into "combat position" which is like hunched over and your legs spread ridiculously apart and knees rlly bent (like a grunt/hunter) i stand about like 4'10"/5' so i think it would be a realistic fit

Yeah, I hate it when you get that costume idea too late....then realize you don't have the time for it. I tried to start an Elite costume 1 month before the Halo 3 launch, and a week later....realized how crazy I was.

5'6" eh? Sounds perfect for the role. Make sure you bring some plasma grenades with you, and practice how to run around with your arms flailing. I love it when they do that :lol:

I'm actually makin a grunt, a jackal, and a hunter along with my Elite. I'm gonna be using my 7 yr old sister to play the grunts in my film. For the backpack, make sure to have straps like regualr backpacks that come over, wrap around your waist, and connect at you lower back. This'll help balance out the weight and keep the backpack up better. Once I get some progress on mine, I'll post some pix.

this has the potential to be absolutely awesome!!! put a camelback in the backpack. and some red bull. and your lunch

helios said:
this has the potential to be absolutely awesome!!! put a camelback in the backpack. and some red bull. and your lunch
And Lunchables.

(Anyone get it?)

C the grunts arent gettin the respect they deserve every1 says that 5 yr olds shud wear the costumes when grunt r rlly 5 ft. tall .... lame

anyways my camera died and we didnt have batteries but i promise ill get the pics up 2morrow after school anyways ill just go over what ive done ... ive got

the basic shape of the backpack thing all set up and stuff ive made more than 2/3s of it also

plus i made myself the gasmask out of cardboard and some PVC pipe things i plan to make a door in the side of the backpack thing so i can hold stuff in it lol

because its already hollow

theres only one explanation for a grunt being measured in at 5 ft tall, and thats because they probable added in the GIANT pyramid on its back without the pyramid there only like 3ft tall

Archa said:
theres only one explanation for a grunt being measured in at 5 ft tall, and thats because they probable added in the GIANT pyramid on its back without the pyramid there only like 3ft tall

:mad: Thats because theyre always hunched forward by the weight of their methane respirator thing in that backpack of theirs but when they stand upright theyre about 5 ft. tall

Spase said:
Where are you getting your information about the grunts from? Just curious..

Its plain grunt knowlage..

Only me and him and other grunts know teh height :p

GruntOfAction said:
Its plain grunt knowlage..

Only me and him and other grunts know teh height :p

Lol Thank you ... anyways pics are up i finished the backpack thing ...[attachment=1353:100_0295.JPG][attachment=1354:100_0292.JPG][attachment=1355:
00_0290.JPG][attachment=1356:100_0289.JPG][attachment=1357:100_0288.JPG]

and i made a gasmask too[attachment=1359:100_0282.JPG]

Sorry about the huge size ... i couldnt make them smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back