The Armor's Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. what a project. Pepakura is amazing!

Before I type anymore I would like to thank Adam for the outstanding site, along with Sean, Macattack64, bikelomen, Twisting_Neather, and my brother Charlie (did the paint) and his girlfriend Brittany (helped with strapping) and everyone else on here who helped answer questions through PM's and threads.

I started this Pep project on August 21st and my goal was to be finished by the 24th for Halo 3's Launch. I worked an insane amount on this armor, the days I didnt have to work I spent working on it from sunrise to sundown. Luckily I finished on the 23rd, just in time for the launch.

The Gamestop I was at had an awsome launch, I arrived at 6 p.m. (first in line) in full armor and some how managed to stand in the 90 degree heat for 6 hours. I had a chair set up outside and luckily when Gamestop Locked up from 9 p.m. till midnight they let me hang out inside whenever I needed (I only went in once or twice for a few minutes, I was having to much fun outside). Around 10:00 p.m. some guys from Kings Island showed up in a funeral car to advertise for the Halloween Haunt. They took photo's of me and said they were going to post them on Kings Islands site, they also told me I should come out to the Halloween Haunt and they would pay me to where my Master Chief suite, it was awsome hearing this after all the hard work I put into it. When 11:30 rolled around I started feeling very dizzy and sick and went back inside Gamestop to sit down with a cardboard box by me (I never got sick but came close). A few minutes before midnight the Gamestop employee's all got together with me for a photo and then grabbed the first 2 Legendary Editions for Me and my brother. I saluted the employee and told him I was going to "Finish The Fight". It was really funny, and then we walked out the exit door and everyone standing outside started cheering, we both got into the Warthog (Jeep Liberty) and cranked up the Halo music and waved goodbye.

Alright No more talking

This is a link to photo's of my armor in my Gallery
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...=si&img=505

And here is a video of it on Youtube

Thanks Again, this site is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job!!!

See...with a little patience and perseverance and help from the 405th Community, you CAN accomplish great things! Way to go!

That was awesome, I wished I could have done but sadly started a bit late and didnt really work day by day to FINISH THE FIGHT : / Well theres always the Halo Movie and Haloween right?

Thanks everyone!

As for Fiberglassing

-2 coats of Resin on the outside (first coat light, second coat heavy)
-1 Very light coat of resin on inside (wanted to be safe in case cardstock tried to warp from inside)
- Last I fiberglass clothed the inside on all the pieces to make them really hard with a TON of Resin.

Toftt Nightmare said:
Thanks everyone!

As for Fiberglassing

-2 coats of Resin on the outside (first coat light, second coat heavy)
-1 Very light coat of resin on inside (wanted to be safe in case cardstock tried to warp from inside)
- Last I fiberglass clothed the inside on all the pieces to make them really hard with a TON of Resin.

Thanks!! Great job on it.. What scaling size did you use? And if you don't mind me asking.. how tall are you.. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 5'11 and skinny. I used the 6 foot scale for the majority of the armor but I made the helmet a little bigger and the forearm pieces much smaller than 5 11', I scaled them to somebody who is 5 1' or 2'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back