Props THE BIG ONE! M808B Scorpion Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into buying a 6.5hp or maybe higher hp motor from Harbor Freight. They're surprisingly cheap for being a full gas motor. May have an old dune buggy chassis laying in the back field courtesy my brother-in-law. Weather or not the tires, axles, and steering column are still good is another thing, but hopefully the frame hasn't rusted too bad. Ever since I found out about these cheap engines my mind has gone into overdrive about starting sooner than later now. But for now, I need to save money. Had to get a new truck and it's drained my savings account badly lol

I'm looking into buying a 6.5hp or maybe higher hp motor from Harbor Freight. They're surprisingly cheap for being a full gas motor. May have an old dune buggy chassis laying in the back field courtesy my brother-in-law. Weather or not the tires, axles, and steering column are still good is another thing, but hopefully the frame hasn't rusted too bad. Ever since I found out about these cheap engines my mind has gone into overdrive about starting sooner than later now. But for now, I need to save money. Had to get a new truck and it's drained my savings account badly lol
Depending on the footprint of that motor, it could also be a great candidate for a Mongoose. :unsure:

You might want to look into unconventional light weight materials for the plating on top of the frame. Vinyl house siding might work well. It's light and can hold up to the elements.

Yeah but the down side to well siding is curves and angles trust me I know a thing or two about siding and as you dont go shooting it with say at-shrit cannon it'll be fine, plus if its weight that's and issue then try low grade metal roofing I know lowes has some that is cheap

I found this thread, read the first page, then skipped to the last page. Here's a graph of my emotions

Code:
        /|
       / |
      /  |
     /   |________
____/

Looking forward to what you do come up with though!

I am just the grand central station of disappointment is what I'm getting from all these recent comments lol. I will work on it again once I get the time and money.

I am just the grand central station of disappointment is what I'm getting from all these recent comments lol. I will work on it again once I get the time and money.
What I meant to convey from my comment earlier man was that the task of taking this project up and getting as far along as you did is impressive. I started my rifle stock project about a year ago and didn't touch it much for 8 months due to financial stresses of getting a house and course work. If you decide to go on to other things, the work you did on this is a great insperation for others who might be interested in a similar project. That alone is something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back