The Engineer Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
There is a new great place to get supplies, all in one place. Check out: http://www.theengineerguy.com/ They are interested in our community, and very capable of supplying us with everything we need to create armor parts. You'll notice a new ad up on the front page of www.405th.com

Located in Atlanta, GA area, they sell smooth-on products (no, not more expensive than buying direct, same price) and tons of things smooth-on doesn't carry.

Check them out next time you order supplies. Lets see how they stack up customer service-wise, and perhaps you'll have a new supplier. Remember, tell them 405th sent ya.

http://www.theengine...om/s.nl/sc.2/.f

engineer-guy.gif

10% Off All Trial & Starter Kits & DVD's Until Christmas!

lol, I thought you mean't the guy from Halo 3: ODST.

I'm going to check out the site now.

Thanks!

-Pony

10% Off All Trial & Starter Kits & DVD's Until Christmas! Gives you a chance to try all those materials you've always wondered about.

Wow... they're close to home for me (a good 2 hour drive)... I'll probably get some trial kits from them. Thanks for posting this Adam!

Yodajammies said:
What's the kickback from this site?

it's you not having to pay to access the 405th. What do you mean? It's not a clickthru if that's what you mean. It is a good place to get supplies either way. Check em out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should hope you're getting some sort of compensation apart from standard ad rates on the site if you're promoting them this much.

I do enjoy their wit. And they are slightly closer than the smooth-on hub. hmmm

The monthly fee doesn't cover the server cost, but I don't think that really needs to be addressed here. We promote many sites without being paid. Back on topic.

I'll definitely be investigating a few of their trial kits. I've got a WIP or two that requires some molded parts.

Cheers,

Kensai

Adam said:
Anyone tried em out?

I ordered a trial kit of smooth cast 320, very fast delivery. Took about 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to buy a 1-gallon kit of Smoothcast 320, and it says I can only use Free Shipping (Customer Pick-Up)? wat

Am I just noobing up the checkout cart or what?

I tried to use them once. It was Christmas Eve before the first Iron Man movie came out. We had just finished sculpting our Iron Man helmet. We called them and they said they would be open. We told them we were on our way. We got off work early and drove to the other side of Atlanta. We got there at 4:30 and guess what. They were closed. We couldn't get in contact with them either. It was very disappointing.

I'm not saying they're a bad company, just that I had a bad experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back