The Forerunner combat skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this yet? This seems like an awesome project to tackle.
Forerunner_-_Combat_Suit.png

That looks Awesome!
But sadly, most of us aren't really huge aliens beings.
I'd love to see this made, along with an elite! :p

The threads title is, Forerunner armor, has anyone made it? Should be near the top of the forum since I just posted in it a minute ago.

No one has made it yet, at least not to my knowing. It does look fantastic, but also tricky, its armor, but also more like a full body jump suit.

I apologize for the necro-bump, but has anyone even attempted to make files for the gun/gauntlet/hemlet for this? If not, it would be orgasmic to have. I might actually try to do this for my first build.

Had a think about how to make this, the suit would be nearly impossible to make without a high budget, but the helmet and legs look like they'd be easy to sketch templates for and build, so do the weapons... I'm currently working on a lot of ME3 stuff, will have to try this next :)
Check out inkscape. great for making templates/blueprints; that's if you don't have CAD

I agree that the forerunner featured in the Halo CEA is a lot more simple, sleek and elegant, not as imposing though.
I'm no good with peps, don't know how to make them. I sculpt in clays and such from 3D model references I mostly make in 3DS Max. But I can put up some of those models for other people to convert into peps?

Yea I've seen a lot of people do mock ups to turn into peps. I'd say you'd only have to do the face, gauntlet, boots, and certain chest pieces; not the entire thing. The rest would be a fabric suit and the "exo-skin" kind of feel would kind of easily be achieved through a fabric on top of both to kind of "merge" the two together and give it a smoother edge.

That's a great idea!
And here I was thinking about all the various forms of silicone and elastomers I'd need :p
Wish I was good with fabric now

Well I don't think this one would really be that hard. You would use one of those stretchable full body suits with certain areas cut out for the detail such as the face, gun, and gauntlet. But the question still remains, who would be making the mock up and/or pep files for this? I sure as hell can't. I'm only good with paint. Hell, we could probably get three or four people working together on this one. Get ourselves a squad of these motherf***ers at PAX.

Well I don't think this one would really be that hard. You would use one of those stretchable full body suits with certain areas cut out for the detail such as the face, gun, and gauntlet. But the question still remains, who would be making the mock up and/or pep files for this? I sure as hell can't. I'm only good with paint. Hell, we could probably get three or four people working together on this one. Get ourselves a squad of these motherf***ers at PAX.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure a spandex suit would match the shapes and lines in the combat skin, but I'm useless with any sort of fabric so I can't be sure.
I'd love to give it a go but I've got a few Mass Effect suits and weapons on commission so no time :p
As a painter do you ever do fan art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back