The New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilych

Hi everyone.

I stumbled onto this site, and am I ever glad that I did. This is EXACTLY the kind of hobby I've been looking for. I've already hit my first bump in the road - I'm a Mac user, and so naturally I can't download Pepakura. Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this (other than buying a PC)?

I'd greatly appreciate any help. Looks like a fun community you have here, and I can't wait to be a part of it.

-Ilych

Welcome to the 405th. The answers you're gonna get are wither get Bootcamp and dual boot Windows, or (and this is the cheaper option) make friends with someone who has a PC and will let you download Pepakura Designer and print out the scaled pieces.

does your school or any friends have a pc so you could print it out there other than that im not so sure you could try makeing it from scratch.

Making it from scratch is definitely out of the question. Baby steps first. lol

The university computers don't allow downloads that aren't approved, but I might be able to con a friend into letting me borrow their PC for the job. Thanks for the tip.

yea you dont need the pc for long all you need is to print the stuff and your good but it does help to have a computer to look at. and scratch building can be easier then pep just take your time and check out cpu64 hes made some amasing stuff from scratch so you might want to ask him to. and what are all these numbers for

So what do you guys think would be a good starter project? It'll be a while till I'm good enough for the full-on Master Chief suit. What did you start with, ie - weapons, grenades, parts of the suit?

the leg/foot parts of the suit are a good starting point. you'll probably have to build 2 or 3 versions to get the scaling right, but they're relatively easy compared to other parts, because they have big faces (= big flaps and stable connections between pieces).
plus, you're on your way to a whole suit! weapons tend to be more difficult because they have smaller pieces and are hollow inside, but don't have an opening.

:p I'm mactard to but there are like gazilion sollutions to it :p
mine is i got my old piece of crap (old comp) out of the garage and plugged it back in xD

ask sum1 to print you out sum pep models and get em to send them to ya.. i had a mac 1ce never again....and welcome to the site im sure sum1 will help ya..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back