The Official 405th Q & A Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question. I used a spray paint clear coat on the cardstock and you can't even tell there's a clear coat on it. Is it safe to coat it with resin anyway? I'd test it but I only have a few brushes.

can someone help me make a halo sniper rifle without pepekura or an assualt rifle

If you look around, you'll find a great deal of build threads of people making beautiful weapons without the use of pepakura. Wood or cardboard is the most comonly used material it would seem.

okay so none of the links are working for me and i'm not gonna go into detail but, does anyone know who i can talk to about waterproof stuff i can use? i've been all over this site but it doesn't talk about anything about waterproofing the cardstock...if someone can just point me in a helpful direction, that will be great! thanks a bunch!

how much space should i get between my amor of my hands, legs etc. in most cases?
im scaling my amor something like this now: ( im german must convert it)
my high in inch 71 73.8661 ( i added 2 inch because someone gave me a advice to do it)
divided with 86 73.8661 / 86 = 0.8589
result ist 0.8589
this result * with the scale in peparkra (2.414) = 2.0735
then i use this new amount for my chest dor example. is this right?

im using 0.8589 with every scale of other amorthings. is it okay doing it?

my result
MKVI_HD_CHEST_LETTER_FLYINGSQUIRL
H: 346 mm
W: 332
D: 331
scale 2.0735

im thinking about 1 or 1.5 inch to add.
how much space do you guys let between you and your amor?

will NZ-TK's WETA ODST helmet at normal default height fit a ODST visor....specifically one of Rubes?

Also on a side note what materials should i make my functional weapon props for my film and costume from?

hey, i 've got pepakura files in 3DS but i cant seem to view it. must i download something?
oh and when i click on links that gives me the pepakura for suits,etc, my browser says that it does not exist. any idea if i am supposed to download something to view or it's just my comm.

i will appreciate it if i can get some help. thanks!

(Newb here) Any advice on how to fiberglass? I folded and glued just fine with the Pepakura, but once I started to lay on the resin with the sheet of fiberglass I had a few problem with air bubbles and making it smooth. Any techniques I can use?

Kamina: I use fiberglass tape. Tried using cloth and matt, but I prefer the tape. Haven't had any problems with air bubbles since. It hugs the armor tighter also. Drawback is you need to layer it several layers thick. Advantage is 1 or 2 rolls of fiberglass tape last you a long while. I heavily reinforced my whole suit and it only took 3 rolls of tape (could of gotten by on 2). You ARE going to have to spray it with clear enamel (the spray paint with the transparent cap). Spray it 2 or 3 coats and you are all set.

IF you don't spray it with clear enamel, the resin will disolve the sticky part of the tape and lift up and float away on you...

Some people apply the fiberglass to the outside then try to smooth it... you will be best off with fiberglass tape if that is your approach... maybe not exactly best off, but you will find it easier to smooth it afterwards...

Where can I find strapping and buckles? I find them online easily enough but is there a store I can go to, like a michaels or something? Or should I just canabalize all the backpacks I can find?

Hi guys I was wondering which brand or place to get sheet styrene because I'm starting to build my MA3b(MA35....approximate UNSC army name) and I want to use styrene.

I've seen some pretty good builds on numerous prop making threads and forums and I want to use this method of construction.

I Want to start building a BR55HB
and I was wondering
One where to start really
Two If I can use PVC thin Pipe as the barrel and main building platform of the rifle
and three if there was anyone who would wana help a first timer walk through this so to speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back