The Scorpion Tank ( Halo C E )

Status
Not open for further replies.
To optimize the model I suggest using the optimize tool in LithUnwrap (I like the one that comes with reality factory 0.76), it took a 500 poly elite arm from halo ce and shrunk it down to about 150 polys (y) (I can't remember the exact numbers, I did that a few weeks ago).
Why not build a little remote controlled Tank? One the size of an action figure perhaps?

Those handles would be a pain to pep, definately use wooden dowels or toothpicks.

Perhaps I'll try to unfold it (although I'd have to do it in 1 sitting, I only have the unregistered pepakura designer 3, :( )

EDIT!!!

I unfolded the scorpion and saved it as a picture, the flaps are not numbered, but if you like a puzzle, here it is:

Scorpion%20tank%20unfolder.JPG

sorry if it a little confusing :rolleyes

It is approximately 10 inches long.

not trying to nit pick but i seem to remember being able to snipe people out of the cockpit of the tank in halo ce because it has a cage canopy instead of a full cover , other than that , its almost spot on, best tank pdo i've seen any ways , i have a registered copy of pep designer so i'll give it a go

Well, if someone would unfold the file, I have an uncle who is into building vintage cars and working with steel, and if I get somehow get life size pieces of paper for the pepakura model, I would use those as a scale to craft actual metal pieces and eventually build it up into a scorpion. I would have to make it a project for the ROFL SQUAD(my club of Video game enthusiasts) though, because it seems like it has to be a multi man job.

Humboldt_spartan said:
not trying to nit pick but i seem to remember being able to snipe people out of the cockpit of the tank in halo ce because it has a cage canopy instead of a full cover
Methinks that in halo CE they used a targa (.tga) file to make a cage texture, then applied it. Whoever made this model (bevbor did not say the origins of it) couldn't get the targa to work, so they just made the hatches symmetrical.

Last edited by a moderator:
GMer56 said:
EDIT!!!
I unfolded the scorpion and saved it as a picture, the flaps are not numbered, but if you like a puzzle, here it is:

Umm... I definitely NOT happy with such unfold :)
N/P :)

I totally need to make an R/C scorpion now...

R/C toys are so cheap now anyways, I'm sure it will be easy to find a tank at Target or something to use as a base.

...the real question is whether to build it to scale, or make a Scorpion capable of doing a scaled 250mh?

You don't exactly need an RC tank, just an RC car with tank style controls.
I would really like to make an RC scorpion, though I have other things to do :cautious:

A friend wanted me to help him build an RC Scorpion. We were waiting for someone to unfold the model, then we planned on using four of these (one in each"pod") to power it:

TAM-023-000.jpg

We were going to use a 4 channel radio and have a moving turret. So long as my friend ponys up the money, I see no reason we couldn't pull it off!

Spartan117x said:
haha darn, i thought you were going to make it into a transformer. Nice music choice too lol.
Hmmm, interesting, maybe I'll make a transformer :) Music is good, yeah :)

BFDesigns said:
That program is that that you were using to manipulate the tank?

SolidWorks

bevbor said:
No one want to name his tank "Sheila"? :)
I was going to name it "Phillis" but "Sheila" does sound better.

As for a life sized model, unless you know how you could make it run on a gas engine or electric, you might have to 'flintstone' drive it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back