The Spartan Smile (if you've read the books...you know you've wondered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With a visor covering their face, a Spartan's emotions can never be seen...however, a secret gesture among the Spartans is often used to signify a smile.

The Spartan simply raises his/her hand and places two fingers on their visor."

what exactly is the gesture? Is it :
Peace sign style?

or boogie Style?

(peace sign turned on its side)

Or is it something more Sinister?.....lol
I'm confused...any takes on it?

Snapshot_20100716.jpg

I'm fairly certain I read that they trace the 2 fingers across in the shape of a smile. I can't remember, and I think it's in Fall of Reach (The only one of the novels I don't have, but have read) so I can't confirm...

I think the two fingers are placed together. Not like a peace sign. At least that's what it sounds like in Ghosts of Onyx, and Fall of Reach.

SpartansmileforSIIIs.jpg

SpartansmileforSIIs.jpg

IDK if you can see the white but the white indicates the index and middle fingers on the right hand

Having grown up as soldiers, the Spartans kept their emotions to themselves, always controlling "bursts of emotion". The closest thing to an emotional symbol is the "Spartan Smile," used in place of a smile. The Smile consists of a quick swipe of a smile across one's own faceplate or a teammates with one or two fingers. The former way was usually used in place of the latter.[4]

Tyvern's correct. Sorry.

EDIT: Found that on Halopedia. On THIS page

I hate knowing a lot about halo............

oh well at least one of my friends (and you guys!) likes that I know stuff about the Halo universe.

Apparently, S-III's (Spartan threes) have a different "Smile".
The Spartan-IIIs "welcome" one another by swiping two fingers over their faceplate. This is a smooth, silent way to say hello, and is a toned down version of the SPARTAN-II's "Spartan Smile."

Again, from THIS page.

Yeah, illustrations are pretty cool, yo.

I'm not gonna bother too much. We came to the same conclusion, but your post was more noticeable, therefore superior. :)

I'm not gonna bother too much. We came to the same conclusion, but your post was more noticeable, therefore superior. :)

Sorry for giving Tyvern too much credit. You did bring it up before him, so you deserve just as much credit as he does. Thanks to both of you!

never lie about who did what.....:)

And yes the superior part sounded like you gave me a bigger amount of creds than I needed...they were after all done in paint..................

you deserve more recognition than me because you posted first..........:)

I hate knowing a lot about halo............

oh well at least one of my friends (and you guys!) likes that I know stuff about the Halo universe.

I beg the differ! it is awesome to know almost every aspect of halo :D for an instance did you know that the top speed for mjolnir mk V is 106,5 KPH (normal) 140 kph for kelly at a top speed sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back