The topic of weapon add-ons, what is canon or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGSupreme

While I am looking forward and thinking about my Red ODST armor build, I was looking for any examples of underslung grenade launchers for rifles in the Haloverse.

TurboCharizard pointed out that THIS is a thing...
Na4FT.jpg

Yeah that's a grenade launcher on a flamethrower.

Then while looking around I found this concept art for the assault rifles for Halo: Reach
HR_MA37_Concept_3.jpg
Some of the rifles on the left side look like they could be fitted with GLs, as they have a trigger mechanism at the back end near the rifle trigger.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking about making a full size rifle to use in my armor build, but I am curious what you think would be some other attachments or pieces of kit that Spartans/Infantry would want on their gear.

It already looks badass if you make a replica of the weapon from the first picture. You can also add a laser light add-on too if you want.

It already looks badass if you make a replica of the weapon from the first picture. You can also add a laser light add-on too if you want.
I guess I was leaning more on the discussion of examples from the Haloverse of attachments and modifications that people have seen or are curious about.

So for me, I'm curious now if there are examples of laser add-ons for different Halo weapons. Something I can think of is the Halo 3: ODST SMG, which has a red dot sight, suppressor, and maybe even a laser?

Attachments and customization for real world weapons are such a prevalent thing for people playing games, airsoft, in the military, or hobbyists. I know that for the Halo games, customization was not a focus, but I bet there are more examples from the books or other media.

While I am looking forward and thinking about my Red ODST armor build, I was looking for any examples of underslung grenade launchers for rifles in the Haloverse.

TurboCharizard pointed out that THIS is a thing...
View attachment 299247
Yeah that's a grenade launcher on a flamethrower.

Then while looking around I found this concept art for the assault rifles for Halo: Reach
View attachment 299248Some of the rifles on the left side look like they could be fitted with GLs, as they have a trigger mechanism at the back end near the rifle trigger.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking about making a full size rifle to use in my armor build, but I am curious what you think would be some other attachments or pieces of kit that Spartans/Infantry would want on their gear.
I mean, I still feel like things from OFFICIAL concept art are still considered canon, as it is straight from the "source", as I've seen several instances where concept art makes it into a later title. (those scope/sights up top being in Halo 5)
But one could argue that it didn't make it into the game and therefore, isn't canon.

(apologies for the slight necropost)

I mean, I still feel like things from OFFICIAL concept art are still considered canon, as it is straight from the "source", as I've seen several instances where concept art makes it into a later title. (those scope/sights up top being in Halo 5)
But one could argue that it didn't make it into the game and therefore, isn't canon.

(apologies for the slight necropost)
All good on the Necro, I have made progress on this idea, looking good so far. I agree! If it is official, it should be canon

20210429_105457.jpg

I mean, I'd figured there would naturally be different examples of the assualt rifle and other weapon variations. We saw it with the SMG and Pistol in ODST. I would imagine that all of that concept art could be considered canon, and the possibility of more attachments could be a big probability. I can see why they wouldnt really put the effort to putting in Red Dots, and holo sights in halo as they wouldnt want to be compared to CoD *coughcoughhalo5coughcough*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back