Thigh Inner Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 101

about the HD mark IV thigh

is it better with or without the inner peice adjacent to the front cod piece (the part usually painted black)?

I doubt it might kill mobility if used, and I plan on making a one that gives proper range of motion

thanks

Im not sure what you want to ask here:

sure you have better range of motion of the inner thighs are left out, but it would look way better with the inner thighs on.

I read a thread somewhere where someone made UNDER armour by making the underarmor of clay or bondo or something, then molding them and casting them out of melted hot glue sticks... maybe the same technique and be applied here, on the inner thighs: make them, mold and then cast them out of rubber so you have greater mobility.

just a tip-

but I might just try this myself

layerd craft foam?

how can I do that?

Do I apply them after I fiberglass resin the piece without the inner piece?

I'd appreciate if you could provide a link

and about the clay method:

I have niether the experience nor the time nor the space.

and I think he made the under armor with pepakura filled it with glue then washed it with water till the paper got mushed out.

I think that you should pep the inner thigh and then cut it out after resin/fiberglass so that it doesn't warp. Craft foam is just like sheets of foam that they sell at craft stores. Heres a link: Foamies

Ah those...

how good are they, will they withstand any pressure?

do I use them as pep later after cutting out resined part?

thanks

I agree.

in the end it's all personal preference.

but I need to know how reliableare the fomies when placed in the final model.

I mean will it be that good?

and if it is, is there a way to use it for the cod piece? and what kind of materials do I need to use for that (glue, foamie type,etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back