THIS IS HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

poosnicles

Jr Member
im tring to figure out how to make a helmet and well i still hardly get it
all i get is that i model the clay on one of though head things but what do i do after that

3ba7f7c606.jpg

poosnicles said:
im tring to figure out how to make a helmet and well i still hardly get it
all i get is that i model the clay on one of though head things but what do i do after that

3ba7f7c606.jpg
lol. Rofl. Ok ill stop i just love the comparison no offence but no one can ever beat a Blue realm helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That WAS the BR helmet. That was the incomplete version.
He wants to know that to do after this stage. That is casting, that of which I know nothing about.

Make a mold of the model out of silicone, then cast it in resin.

Supplies and instructions can be found at smooth-on.com

well the problem is i dont get how the mold should be made do i just fill the mold then cut out the plastic to put my head in

Sigma-LS said:
Make a mold of the model out of silicone, then cast it in resin.

Supplies and instructions can be found at smooth-on.com

That was my problem as well, I think I figured out a way to do that by casting the entire head with the helmet on it in silicone then remove the helmet from the head and place the head back into the mold that you just created

Pour plastic into the mold so it can form around the head in the empty space IE: "the helmet"

my thought was to wrap the head in something like plastic wrap or somethin so that it is more "round" when you place it back into the mold that way the nose and such dont get caught in the plastic when you release.

now this is just a thought...I havent personally verified if it would work or not in my head the theory is pretty sound but you never know...

Good Luck!

wow thanx i think thats accualy ganna help me

zeronifty said:
That was my problem as well, I think I figured out a way to do that by casting the entire head with the helmet on it in silicone then remove the helmet from the head and place the head back into the mold that you just created

Pour plastic into the mold so it can form around the head in the empty space IE: "the helmet"

my thought was to wrap the head in something like plastic wrap or somethin so that it is more "round" when you place it back into the mold that way the nose and such dont get caught in the plastic when you release.

now this is just a thought...I havent personally verified if it would work or not in my head the theory is pretty sound but you never know...
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back