This Is Mind Blowing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigma-LS said:
You know people already have a lot of subspecies right? They're called races. We just don't say subspecies because it's not PC. What you're describing would be real separate species instead of subspecies. They would still be people (humans) but not homo sapiens

Actually believe it or not, even though we have the advent of race within the human species, there really is no different form of clasification. We are all actually classified as Homo Sapien Sapien. Yep, 2 sapiens cuz we're evolved a bit further than our cro-magnon counterparts. The reason why you can still classify us as one is because our genetic makeup varies too slightly from race to race to make a difference. Now if the gravity theory were to come true, we'd have something like Homo Sapien Deterran (Humans of Earth), Homo Sapien Deluna (Humans of Luna), Homo Sapien Deares (Humans of Mars), and Homo Sapien Devacuus (Humans of the Void/Space). By this point our genetic makeup would be very different.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of the end of the movie Men in Black 1 and 2 actually how our entire univers is nothing more than a marble in another beings planet...... also in the book the Gunslinger the end a character goes into detail about the size of a universe..... our universe may be nothing more than a cell or an atom on a blade of grass in another, our entire history could endwhen that blade i cut by somehting trimed down to look pretty.... start a fire with sticks.. you would be destroying an infinite number universies and an infinite number within those.... size is realative... oh and the size of the creatures living on ohter plants may not nessasaraly be proportionate to the size of the planet.... as for the current conversatin i can see how that would change us physically but i dont see it changeing us into subspecies? expalin a bit more?

AF2OOXL said:
This reminds me of the end of the movie Men in Black 1 and 2 actually how our entire univers is nothing more than a marble in another beings planet...... also in the book the Gunslinger the end a character goes into detail about the size of a universe..... our universe may be nothing more than a cell or an atom on a blade of grass in another, our entire history could endwhen that blade i cut by somehting trimed down to look pretty.... start a fire with sticks.. you would be destroying an infinite number universies and an infinite number within those.... size is realative... oh and the size of the creatures living on ohter plants may not nessasaraly be proportionate to the size of the planet.... as for the current conversatin i can see how that would change us physically but i dont see it changeing us into subspecies? expalin a bit more?

Sub species come about as they are placed within a certain environment for a long time. Dinosaurs for example grew in correlation to the trees getting taller and the carbon content of the atmosphere. As a direct result of this environment, predatory dinosaurs grew bigger so they could take down these new taller dinosaurs. Nature has a tendency to adapt a species to its environment by discarding what it does not need and enhancing what it does. Over the course of a million years in low gravity environments, your bone density would go down because you would not need it as high as it is now because they will be taking less shock due to the diminished intensity of gravity on the moon, mars, or in space. Astronauts actually use their legs very little in space but they do use their arms a lot more, so naturally over the course of this million year period if the zero gravity environment remains constant and 50,000 generations are born, nature will (in theory) discard the use of your legs in favor of your arms meaning that your legs would become nothing more than small appendages that may or may not resemble legs at all while your arms would get very strong and bigger.

Basically, it's evolution at work. Darwin proved it on the Galapagos Islands with a species of finch. There was a shortage of a certain plant that the finches ate that required a longer beak so the birds switched to another that bore seeds. Darwin soon noticed that the finches with shorter, broader beaks were more adapt at breaking the seeds open than the traditional longer beaked finches. Over the course of 20 years Darwin watched as the birds actually evolved into a newer variant of short beaked birds that discarded the long beak entirely. Interesting, yeah?

As an interesting side note, in all the sci-fi shows the reason why there isn't much mutation is because 1) there is artificial gravity on the space ships, and 2) the elapsed time period is only somewhere between 200 & 500 years ahead of us currently.

BFDesigns said:
Sub species come about as they are placed within a certain environment for a long time. Dinosaurs for example grew in correlation to the trees getting taller and the carbon content of the atmosphere. As a direct result of this environment, predatory dinosaurs grew bigger so they could take down these new taller dinosaurs. Nature has a tendency to adapt a species to its environment by discarding what it does not need and enhancing what it does. Over the course of a million years in low gravity environments, your bone density would go down because you would not need it as high as it is now because they will be taking less shock due to the diminished intensity of gravity on the moon, mars, or in space. Astronauts actually use their legs very little in space but they do use their arms a lot more, so naturally over the course of this million year period if the zero gravity environment remains constant and 50,000 generations are born, nature will (in theory) discard the use of your legs in favor of your arms meaning that your legs would become nothing more than small appendages that may or may not resemble legs at all while your arms would get very strong and bigger.

Basically, it's evolution at work. Darwin proved it on the Galapagos Islands with a species of finch. There was a shortage of a certain plant that the finches ate that required a longer beak so the birds switched to another that bore seeds. Darwin soon noticed that the finches with shorter, broader beaks were more adapt at breaking the seeds open than the traditional longer beaked finches. Over the course of 20 years Darwin watched as the birds actually evolved into a newer variant of short beaked birds that discarded the long beak entirely. Interesting, yeah?

As an interesting side note, in all the sci-fi shows the reason why there isn't much mutation is because 1) there is artificial gravity on the space ships, and 2) the elapsed time period is only somewhere between 200 & 500 years ahead of us currently.

So people that lived o say mars or some place where gravity is much stronger than earth for a million year and then migraed back to earth they would be faster? stronger? and shorter? lol hmmm

or could that migration even happen? becasue of the enviromental diffencences i guess they would need suits of some sort to sustain them..

AF2OOXL said:
So people that lived o say mars or some place where gravity is much stronger than earth for a million year and then migraed back to earth they would be faster? stronger? and shorter? lol hmmm

or could that migration even happen? becasue of the enviromental diffencences i guess they would need suits of some sort to sustain them..

I think that the human body could adapt to a slightly higher gravity environment and over the course of time they would probably be like the Juggernaut (b!tch) except they'd be a lot shorter if they stepped back onto earth

And gravity is actually less then earth's gravity I think by 1/2. The only thing that makes mars unable to walk outside on besides the 200°F nights and the CO2 atmosphere, is the fact that the atmospheric pressure is also incredibly minimal. basically you would die within hours from internal bleeding and skin hemorrhaging on mars without a space suit on. NASA is currently developing a Pressure suit right now that will give an astronaut 95% freedom of movement. It basically constricts your body so that your innards retain their pressure so they don't explode, and the bonus is that it's skintight, like an undersuit.

Glad to show you that we could have something halo like... well kinda.
And yes, I have read some from Stephen Hawking, and I have also done a research paper on him, and his theories are quite fascinating. I've always thought about how our universe could be part of something bigger, but I've never really seen a star so.. so.. I don't have words, but something extremely large.

NASA has seemed to also have found what looks like a worm or fossil of a worm like creature on the surface of Mars, I don't have pics right now, but I'm sure you can find it easily on google images.

The stars above have always made me wonder, and they always will.
And yes, I feel like nothing right now. The whole universe could just be a small part of an atom, or it could be an atom part of something much more bigger, possibly something insignificant, like a rock or something.
Oh now I feel bad knowing we might be part of a useless rock bigger than anything we can imagine. >_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RadioactiV777 @ Dec 4 2008, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Glad to show you that we could have something halo like... well kinda.
And yes, I have read some from Stephen Hawking, and I have also done a research paper on him, and his theories are quite fascinating. I've always thought about how our universe could be part of something bigger, but I've never really seen a star so.. so.. I don't have words, but something extremely large.

NASA has seemed to also have found what looks like a worm or fossil of a worm like creature on the surface of Mars, I don't have pics right now, but I'm sure you can find it easily on google images.

And yes, I feel like nothing right now. The whole universe could just be a small part of an atom, or it could be an atom part of something much more bigger, possibly something insignificant, like a rock or something.
Oh now I feel bad knowing we might be part of a useless rock bigger than anything we can imagine. >_<</div>

Dont think so! Maybe we are a rock on the surface of HALO! :D

And i got this cool idea of how we can find out... We invent somthing that can shrink/ make things bigger, and then we make a human so big, thats he is bigger than the universe, then he can see if there is anything ls. Only peoblem is... that human will crush everything and everyone! :(
But at least he get to know... (bad if there isnt anything bigger, then all humans are screwed... Even the "enlarged one")

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RadioactiV777 @ Dec 3 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Glad to show you that we could have something halo like... well kinda.

Oh now I feel bad knowing we might be part of a useless rock bigger than anything we can imagine. >_<</div>

we already have many things halo like.... ie Famas very close to the battle rifle, nasa under suits lol, pretty soon with the hydrogen collider or w/e its called we may no about dark matter or slowly find ways aroudn e=mc2

You guys want a book that will totally blow your mind? Read Micho Kaku's 11 dimensions of space. That'll warp you out.

AF2OOXL said:
whats the basis of it?

Super String Theory I think. One of my friends is really big into Kaku's stuff and has it strewn throughout his apartment. Basically there are only 4 dimensions that can be quantified: Length, Breadth, Depth, and Time. However, thanks to Super String Theory, there are actually 11 dimensions... or so the book goes.

TB the gr8 1 said:
Dont think so! Maybe we are a rock on the surface of HALO!
Not quite.
The books and intruction manuals for the games say that the ring is 10 000 kms in diameter.
Threshold is 214 604 kms in diameter
earth is 12 756 kms in diameter
so earth could almost fit through halo
wouldn't that be something to see eh?
later all

i read somewhere that the one star Betelgeuse mite explode and destroy our existance before the sun. awesome.

YiA Sarge said:
i read somewhere that the one star Betelgeuse mite explode and destroy our existance before the sun. awesome.

Speaking of Earth's destruction, has anyone else heard of or seen pics of the "Death Star" galaxies? They give off high intensity gamma ray bursts that are focused towards other galaxies. The science guys predict that these bursts are so powerful that they would completely eradicate life in our galaxy if we got hit with one of them.

206345main_3c321_665x485.jpg

That blue stuff is the gamma burst!

Deadly%20Ray.jpg

And this ^^ is a more illustrative approach!

well thats lovely to know... that we could be killed by a random galexy.... also think of the idea that there are Blackholes out there... and they have the ability to move... and if one was headed our way there would b nothing we could do and scentist could perdict the exact second we would die...... but thats just a theroy since there is no way to prove black holes exsist...

AF2OOXL said:
well thats lovely to know... that we could be killed by a random galexy.... also think of the idea that there are Blackholes out there... and they have the ability to move... and if one was headed our way there would b nothing we could do and scentist could perdict the exact second we would die...... but thats just a theroy since there is no way to prove black holes exsist...
Black holes most certainly do exist. The observational evidence for them is extensive, and the observations agree nicely with the predictions provided by the theoretical models. Please try to use spell check, it makes reading your posts much easier.

AF2OOXL said:

They are proven (or at least widely accepted as true because they cannot be disproven) to exist. It's White Holes that they are trying to prove now. Since all things in the universe exist as opposites of one another, the logical theory is that white holes do the opposite of black holes. Where black holes suck in matter, white holes throw matter back into the universe. By all the laws concerning the way that physics work (Newton's 1st law, Law of the Conservation of Mass, etc.) this would indeed have to be true as there are many trillions of black holes in the universe and yet it keeps expanding.

Here's some more to think about. Scientists have also come up with the theory that we can only see 13.2 light years into the void because with the birth of the universe (the big bang) 13.2 billion years ago came the advent of light and based on the speed of light there is no possible way (currently) to see beyond that 13.2 billion light year threshold. However, based on another set of physics involving chariots-

<blockquote>It has been discovered that if one should throw a spear whilst standing on the ground that it travels only as fast and as far as the thrower can muster the strength to throw it. However, if the same thrower were to be standing on his chariot and made the same throw, he would undoubtedly notice that his spear traveled at the combined speed of his throw and the horses pulling his chariot which would indeed make his spear travel faster and farther than he himself could do.</blockquote>

-Scientists have theorized that there were probably objects at or near the epicenter of the big bang traveling through space past the epicenter (and that they were not destroyed when the event occurred). Since our universe is expanding at the speed of light, that the objects on the fringes of the universe are traveling faster than the speed of light; almost like a surfer riding a wave. We will never see them from Earth because the light that these objects emit will never reach Earth as it is being pushed away at a speed that Einstein would deem impossible (based on relativity; E=mc²), but that Newtonian physics would prove true.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BFDesigns @ Dec 8 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They are proven (or at least widely accepted as true because they cannot be disproven) to exist. It's White Holes that they are trying to prove now. Since all things in the universe exist as opposites of one another, the logical theory is that white holes do the opposite of black holes. Where black holes suck in matter, white holes throw matter back into the universe. By all the laws concerning the way that physics work (Newton's 1st law, Law of the Conservation of Mass, etc.) this would indeed have to be true as there are many trillions of black holes in the universe and yet it keeps expanding.

Here's some more to think about. Scientists have also come up with the theory that we can only see 13.2 light years into the void because with the birth of the universe (the big bang) 13.2 billion years ago came the advent of light and based on the speed of light there is no possible way (currently) to see beyond that 13.2 billion light year threshold. However, based on another set of physics involving chariots-

<blockquote>It has been discovered that if one should throw a spear whilst standing on the ground that it travels only as fast and as far as the thrower can muster the strength to throw it. However, if the same thrower were to be standing on his chariot and made the same throw, he would undoubtedly notice that his spear traveled at the combined speed of his throw and the horses pulling his chariot which would indeed make his spear travel faster and farther than he himself could do.</blockquote>

-Scientists have theorized that there were probably objects at or near the epicenter of the big bang traveling through space past the epicenter (and that they were not destroyed when the event occurred). Since our universe is expanding at the speed of light, that the objects on the fringes of the universe are traveling faster than the speed of light; almost like a surfer riding a wave. We will never see them from Earth because the light that these objects emit will never reach Earth as it is being pushed away at a speed that Einstein would deem impossible (based on relativity; E=mc²), but that Newtonian physics would prove true.</div>

NOOO! wave's cannot increase in velocity, however this increase changes the frequency through doppler shift. newtonian mechanics do not work here! This is why the light we recieve from the end of the dark ages(not the human one) is so shifted into the microwave spectrum that very little detail can even be observed, also it is rediculously far.
Please could everyone take a intro to astronomy course! Sorry, I can see that I am ranting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back