This is my rifle parody for the 405th group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that Spartans are like Special Forces, almost like Navy Seals-they are allowed basically to do anything under orders, but I love the creed and we should all memorize it. I probably will. Make it a t-shirt!

we would not have to get permission from bungie as far as i know due to the fac that i just made this up lol.

as far as being too long it is meant to be a remake of the marine corps creed. i figured if im going to make something such as this for the halo community then why not model it after a very well written creed.

i guess it just doesnt seem long to me because i like it lol.

I am a Spartan.
There are many like me
But I am unique.
I have no friends
Only brothers and sisters who are Spartans
I must master my enemy
As I must master my own mind
I must shoot straighter
Than my enemy
Because I am stronger, faster, smarter
I will best all those who oppose me
I am a Spartan
The universe's greatest warriors

My version...

I agree with it being the original length. I think that cutting on it would actually take away some of the significance. Look at some of the other military unit creeds like Ranger and SF. They are longer, but none of the words are wasted. I think if this is something that everyone wants to memorize and recite, make it matter, not just easy to remember.

maybe

I am a Spartan
War is my Language
Defeat is not in my Vocabulary
Only Victory
I am a Spartan

but think about it though, if its something that is really short then its not as impressive to recite. once you get so far away from the original it doesnt sound as impressive nor does it mean the same or as much as the original. variations are good, by my personal opinion is that we try not to shorten it, just try to make it have some meaning.

it doesnt matter how long it is, as long as there is some actual meaning behind it. the USMC recites their creed and it is pretty long. all the branches of the military have their own creed, they are all long. but the thing is that its not a bunch of fluff to make it longer, every word represents an aspect of a marine. i mirrored the usmc creed by changing some key words so that it woud still have th same impact.

I finished working on one then found this thread. Check this out and let me know what you think.

This is my Mjolnir Armor. There are few like it, but this one is mine.
My Mjolnir Armor is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My Mjolnir Armor, without me, is useless. Without my Mjolnir Armor, I am useless. I must wear my Mjolnir Armor proudly. I must make better armor than my rival who is making his own, but I must help him if he needs my help. I will...
My Mjolnir Armor and myself know that what counts in this war is not the paint we use, the type of armor we wear, nor the process it takes. We know that it is the companions that count. We will build...
My Mjolnir Armor is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its folds, and its padding. It will ever guard me against the ravages of the covenant and flood as I will ever guard my planet, my race, my way of life and my people against the death they try to inflict. I will keep my Mjolnir Armor clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My Mjolnir Armor and myself are the defenders of Earth. We are the masters of the covenant. We are the saviors of all life...
So be it, until victory is Earth's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Its a little longer than most but I feel it is a better transfer because it uses the whole poem.

Chris

Kiltmanfortytwo said:
I finished working on one then found this thread. Check this out and let me know what you think.

This is my Mjolnir Armor. There are few like it, but this one is mine.
My Mjolnir Armor is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My Mjolnir Armor, without me, is useless. Without my Mjolnir Armor, I am useless. I must wear my Mjolnir Armor proudly. I must make better armor than my rival who is making his own, but I must help him if he needs my help. I will...
My Mjolnir Armor and myself know that what counts in this war is not the paint we use, the type of armor we wear, nor the process it takes. We know that it is the companions that count. We will build...
My Mjolnir Armor is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its folds, and its padding. It will ever guard me against the ravages of the covenant and flood as I will ever guard my planet, my race, my way of life and my people against the death they try to inflict. I will keep my Mjolnir Armor clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My Mjolnir Armor and myself are the defenders of Earth. We are the masters of the covenant. We are the saviors of all life...
So be it, until victory is Earth's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Its a little longer than most but I feel it is a better transfer because it uses the whole poem.

Chris

The only thing I could think of that's bad about this is this:

Most people can not pronounce MJOLNIR.

IT IS PRONOUNCED : MEE - YOLE - NEAR

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
When in the corps, you learn to eat how they want, learn to walk how they want, and you learn to shoot how they want. I am more than confident they can teach you (beat it into you) how to pronounce things as they want them pronounced!

Sorry if that comes off abrasive, I have been getting the "Join the Corps" speech from the recruiters and my father for the past 6 months so I am a little absorbed in the culture :hyper:

I just thought of something, wasn't mjolnir thors hammer? Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back