This site needs improvement. It's been abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the 405th, don't get me wrong. The community and what we do is amazing, however I think the site really needs to be improved. If you go to the home page of this site, you'll notice barely anything is updated. The site hasn't been improved aesthetically either. Frankly, it's pretty bland. I had the idea of members making banners for the site (area near the top where you log in), but it never really took off. A few people backed up the notion, however.
I just feel we can do a lot more with this site, because the replica prop forum has updated their site and gets a lot of traffic. The community has a lot of fun and I feel we can do the same.

How do you think we can improve this site?

(i am a noob) BUT, agreed... the sight need some adjustments. i made a thread about the same thing, but this is honestly its old news.
Im not saying noobs are bad. There will just be a flood of noob question threads. More than there are now and Im sure most people hate them. It'll just make a veterans angry at the site and we'll lose a lot of great members.

well i am trying to do my part and work on my armor... and between you and me(not really of course) but i havent been rewarded for it
no offense i have been at this site longer than you. you are and infintryman. i am not. it upsets me from time to time but i am able to deal with it most of the time

Sky_Walker, Infantryman status comes to those who keep an active part in the site, including giving advice, giving constructive criticism on work (no just "wow, your stuff looks great"), and normally someone who has an active build thread. If these things are met, the user also has to have at least 100 post (sometimes more, depending on activity of the member). So as long as you stay active, you only have at least 3 post until you reach it. (also, don't ask for it, it just happens.)

Again, like I told Sky_walker yesterday, this site is free, its really hard to complain about a free service that provides us with so much. And you have to remember, the mods have a personal life, its not like they can spend their whole day worrying about us here.

I've been here much longer than all of you and I can say I agree with JDM. It's free and just enjoy what is there. All you concerns were discussed multiple times by many members including some inactive veterans. Unfortunately, the admins promised us (multiple times) that changes would come. That was months ago. So far, I have not seen any changes took place.

Not sure if this is the direct cause, but I can say that many veterans have stopped contributing to this site. There is definitely a huge influx of noobs, but perhaps this is just regular life cycle of 405th. New members replacing old members.

your right jimmy... i have to admit i have been sort of a "yes-man" when it comes to some of my posts. and i wasnt asking i was just simply saying:)

The site could use a touch up, I agree on that part, mainly with the large income of bots. The only way I could see updates coming would be if we payed for something to contribute. But all we really need are dedicated members with a calm and collective attitude to aid the constant stream of new people.

The site could use a touch up, I agree on that part, mainly with the large income of bots. The only way I could see updates coming would be if we payed for something to contribute. But all we really need are dedicated members with a calm and collective attitude to aid the constant stream of new people.
very well said...

I would love to see updates happen eventually, but until then I will do what I have been doing, work on my suit, look at other builds, and give advice when needed.

I think he means the site doesn't need RETARDED noobs, 'noobs' like you who actually take the time to research, ask SMART questions, etc. are ok and what we're 'wanting', so to speak. (or at least I'm assuming you do, idk, I haven't read any of your posts yet)

A great point. We need 'noobs', without noobs, we wouldn't have infantrymen. Every single infantryman was once a noob, but most people who become infantry took the time to learn before they post. Like me for example, my build thread is still in the noob forum, but when I originally started it, I had quite a few pieces of armor in the works. The noobs that get complained about are the ones who join the site and immediately post "how do I make armor" or "where can I buy armor". Those are they threads we hate to see.

I'm not saying the site couldn't use improvements, but I'm certainly happy with what we already have.

Edit: Fixed grammar.

Well said Shade88

...Not to mention the bot who has been able to spam the forums for 1 week and stil is around.
I think this site needs more (active) mods.

I agree with Shade. I doubt anything will change in the near future, but I will continue to be here and work on plenty of stuff also.

It would be nice to have more active mods, but the choice is not up to us. I am grateful to have all of this information for free though.

We're still here, improvement will come eventually, and the RPF was around for much longer than this forum before it was improved to the point it is at today.

As I have stated in previous threads regarding similar topics, its not enough to tell us something is broken and then walk away expecting it get fixed. You do that it may take a very long time if ever that it will get fixed.

A well thought out method for improvement and a plan to execute will help much better. Feel free to send me your suggestions via PM. Open public discussion more often than not tends to de-evolve into complaining for the sake of complaining and bring out the trolls who like nothing better than to say we do something terrible and they are off to start their own, even more super duper site.

There is an extreme shortage of people we trust as of late to Moderate the site, if we find someone we trust, we will trust them.

Eventually it will happen or the site will die, in the mean time lets all get back to doing what it is we came here to do, build replicas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back