This weekend I get to embark on a journey every parent dreams of. I'm turning my daughter into a grunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man, I'm jealous of your improv skills. I was hoping you'd be able to share the patterns you used but... I guess there's an issue with that!
She's blessed to have a Dad to make things like this, and you're blessed to have a kid to make this stuff for.

Start of forearms
IMG_20200201_162740558.jpg

IMG_20200201_165542506.jpg

We needed fingers.

IMG_20200201_171618291.jpg

And the little blade things that serve no obvious purpose.

Went low poly on the arms. I was feeling lazy.

I LOVE posts like this. Awesome job there dad for raising your children right. I have spoken.

I'm not trying to raise her in any other way than to be not like me.

I was bullied, I was worried about what people thought. I was scared about the worlds perception of me. I didn't start enjoying things I wanted to enjoy until I was in my 30's.

I want to show this child that fun is possible even when life deals you a crap hand.

I don't want her to hold that in and care about what people think. I don't want to care about what people think.

I want her to be a kid. I want her to enjoy it all. I want her to know what growing up doesn't mean growing out, it just means more attention to detail.

She's a good kid, and she has her moments, she will figure it out. I just want to lay the groundwork.

I was bullied, I was worried about what people thought. I was scared about the worlds perception of me. I didn't start enjoying things I wanted to enjoy until I was in my 30's.

I want to show this child that fun is possible even when life deals you a crap hand.

I don't want her to hold that in and care about what people think. I don't want to care about what people think.

I want her to be a kid. I want her to enjoy it all. I want her to know what growing up doesn't mean growing out, it just means more attention to detail.

She's a good kid, and she has her moments, she will figure it out. I just want to lay the groundwork.
Wow what a great Dad!

Btw my perception of u is all good dude :)
You seem really nice... and like your raising your daughter the right way!

Wife was a bit miffed I work on my costume more than the kids, so I finished the chestplate today. Ish.

Chest 1.jpg

Rough cuts

Chest 2.jpg

Glued down and heated with some cuts.

chest 3.jpg

Lets add some shoulder pads without measuring anything or getting the back piece out of the spare bedroom. Yeah, that seems like a GREAT idea.

chest 4.jpg

This is why I have a pile of Milwaukee sharpies.

welp.jpg

Also, I got this bad boy carved up and ready to go, pending approval from the local costume queen in my neighborhood.

welp 2.jpg

I may need to rethink this.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back