Thorin Oakenshield Regal Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If memory serves......Thorin really wasn't wearing armor during the Battle of the 5 Armies.....he might have been wearing chain mail under his surcoat but as far as the heavy plates that any of the Ironfoot Dwarves were wearing or even Lord Dain II, I think all he really had was that octagonal shield.

He was actually wearing the armor. Not in the battle, but before when he wanted all the gold to himself. The dragon-sickness.

Sadly, as far as I know, the 3d model of this armor has never been made, therefore is no pepakura file.

00b9dbbe84ef3736e3389959aa07f34d.jpg

Attachments

• 00b9dbbe84ef3736e3389959aa07f34d.jpg
    00b9dbbe84ef3736e3389959aa07f34d.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 6,699
Your right.......But why would he take it off before going in to battle? He certainly wasn't wearing it when Azog stabbed him.

Your right.......But why would he take it off before going in to battle? He certainly wasn't wearing it when Azog stabbed him.

Because he was a fast and swift warrior. The armor made him slower, hindered him and his fighting style. :)

Also, it was also to show his greed for gold, he was the king and wanted to be all fancy, when he finally seen through, the first thing he did was tossing that crown aside with everything else.

This is something that might have to be free handed. I agree that no 3D rendering has been done....that I know of.

At least the shins don't seem hard to be, the front seems to be made of 4 pieces connected at 45 degree angles. And similarly so for the kneepads, and gauntlets. And maybe modify a Skyrim pep file for the torso?

Those are less than 45 degree angles......Print out a pic and use a protractor and you will get a closer angle. I'm pretty sure that some aspects of Skyrim armor could be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back