Tippmann 98 Custom into the Halo Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIVpoz

I am not a skilled craftsman in the slightest bit, but I am trying. I want to turn my 98 custom into the Halo AR just for the sake of looking cool.

This is with what I am starting
5446736723_42e8aff449.jpg
IMG_0265 by hvicioso, on Flickr

5447339804_745d0354cc.jpg
IMG_0266 by hvicioso, on Flickr

5446736863_ee6c62b9de.jpg
IMG_0267 by hvicioso, on Flickr

I need to connect the stock to the handle just like the actual gun. I am going to cut off the handel and the part surrounding the trigger

Should I shortan the stock. Is the gun too long. How can I connect that bottom part. Cardboard? paper? I dont want to use resin or any equipment that requires a mask. I live in an apartment complex and that is not an option. Could I use scotch tape? and then spray paint it. I should asl say that I have camo wrap to hide the ugly parts when done. Please I need help

I don't think tape will work. Try epoxy, that doesn't smell, so it should be ok to use in your apartment (but a respirator still can't hurt).

Also, you aren't allowed to use HTML here. You need to copy the BBCode links instead. And posting multiple times in a row isn't what people love to see either, better use the edit function.

Also, you aren't allowed to use HTML here. You need to copy the BBCode links instead. And posting multiple times in a row isn't what people love to see either, better use the edit function.

Thankyou, I was searching for an hour how to post pics. This is my first forum interaction.

What is you existing AR model made out of?

The stock will look better if you shorten it.

Are you planning on playing with the gun or just for looks on a wall?

If you are playing with it, tape will never hold up well. If you can't use resin or anything else with fumes you can use sheet metal or wood strips to hold it together.

What is you existing AR model made out of?
I have the standard 98 custom of course and the infamous Buzz bee toy plasma blaster.

The stock will look better if you shorten it.
Thank you I was afraid the gun would be too long.

Are you planning on playing with the gun or just for looks on a wall?

If you are playing with it, tape will never hold up well. If you can't use resin or anything else with fumes you can use sheet metal or wood strips to hold it together.

I choose to play with it.
5448117049_d33ba167e6.jpg
31d9G9o2mgL__SL500_AA300_ by hvicioso, on Flickr

I just bought this stock and plan on attaching the stock to the gun and somehow placing the plastic over it. It should be coming in the mail soon.

Still have to connect the stock to the grip. I will research wood strips and sheet metal. Thankyou

You should look into an air-through kit so you can remove the tank from the gun. And did you get that stock from Opsgear? I had a setup from there. That stuff is great quality, and really heavy :p

Looking good so far.

You should look into an air-through kit so you can remove the tank from the gun. And did you get that stock from Opsgear? I had a setup from there. That stuff is great quality, and really heavy :p

Looking good so far.
Acutally yes, I got it from that exact website. I look it to an air-through commando stock. I will see if there are any customizable ones. or if I can create my own.

Opsgear has a lot of really good stuff, but you can find most of the stuff on ebay for a lot cheaper. The best thing to do is to search on ebay for a while untill you fend exactly what you are looking for. There is an endless amount of tippmann 98 custom aftermarket parts.

woah, thank you!
I stopped using it because the air valve broke and decided to buy a Tippmann Phenom.
I'm going to be modding that into a vacuumformed assaultrifle. I don't know how I will add an ammo counter.
I'll be following this thread to see your progress :)

woah, thank you!
I stopped using it because the air valve broke and decided to buy a Tippmann Phenom.
I'm going to be modding that into a vacuumformed assaultrifle. I don't know how I will add an ammo counter.
I'll be following this thread to see your progress :)

I too plan on buying the new phenom, cause my X7 sucks. I am even creating a new hopper for it. I want to see your progress in detail as well.

Thats a great start so far. Keep it up. We put on paintball games, and this is looking like it could be a game prop for one of the role players.
I have two old M98s that could be turn into some thing like this.

I guess I am just about done. I want to add an ammo counter, but I just don't have the money, and I can't find a good and cheap tutorial for it. It doesn't look as good as I hoped. I will start a new gun once I buy a new gun. I will even try the paper route.

5490052360_a8d0e28612.jpg
IMG_0295 by hvicioso, on Flickr

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back