Props Toast - spartan laser pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, good job! i would never ever have tried to pep a weapon, i find them easier to make out of wood: if you mess up a piece you just recarve it, no need to chuck the whole model! i ALSO <3 that you have already resined it, almost ready to add lights and sounds.

one more question, where do you plan on putting the disco ball??? (lol jks, but if you put a keyring laser in it, and shot it at a disco ball... wow :) )

back in the saddle

Hey guys,

Just getting back into building. I'm building carpathiavh9's m6x multi-pistol right now, and to my amazement, my pepping skills have improved after a year out of practice. I have a few key components done and will post pictures soon.

I am also going to build a custom foam lined case to carry the individual components and attachments. Thats in the 3d stage now.

I'm back (with pictures)

Hey guys, I'm back (with pictures)

Big update here. I decided to finish up the pep work on my m6x-multi pistol, and it's just about ready for resin. Only problem I foresee is that some of the pieces are a little warped. The geometry is sound enough that it can be twisted or pushed into it's proper position, but I'm not sure how to brace this before resining. Take a look and let me know if you guys have any ideas.

The receiver is one of the trickiest parts to brace, kinda stumped here. the squareness of the grip jey is important, and the squareness of the slide tracks is critical. The hand gaurd is pretty messed up, it kind of "corkscrews", I may just have to trim and redo that bit...

CIMG0155.jpg

Here is the SOCOM attachment, you can see that the flaps to the back of the attachment are skewed to the right, and that the top and bottom are slightly "bent" at the joint.

CIMG0168.jpg

The slide looks pretty square braced like this, but it really needs to be as accurate as I can get it to ensure the best slide action possible.

CIMG0163.jpg

All your appreciation is appreciated :p

btw:
you can see more pictures here: www.photobucket.com/toastpistol

EDIT: also, if the pistol build needs to go in a separate thread let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back