1st Build TooTall’s ODST Build (3D Printed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooTall

Hello hello! This will be my “first” 3D printed build and taking a whole new direction into the halo franchise I grew up with (I also have a plan for a spartan but this build will be kinda easy for me first to get the hang of it). I also know what paint style I’m going for and the files I’ll be looking into. I will be posting updates whenever I start on the build and will be looking for guidance to point me in the right direction. Thank you

7824FC67-F33F-473C-9703-EB58DCEDDC80.jpeg
A35F7027-F958-45F1-87DC-F01900487FDC.jpeg
So after some time I got some of my pieces printed and soft parts are here and I know what colors I’m going for and here’s my progress so far. Not shown here but half of my back plate is printed, shoulders are printed, belt setup is printed, and I’m gonna have to reprint the shins because of a fitting issue

I’m kind of in need of help with shoulder armor at the moment. I’m debating on getting Sean Bradley’s vacuum formed kit for the shoulders and they can mount and sit better on for me and I’m not too satisfied with the 3D printed shoulder armor due to a chance of them falling off the velcro on the tac shirt because the middle plate had a big flat area on the back of it. I was using the skookum props files for them and switched over to the fromthebrink studios shoulders.

Im aware your kit is a mix of skookum, brink and what could be moes, but if you *want* to get into soft armour, you could do worse than looking in brinks files than how he did his strapping. It has a pretty solid fit, if kind of a pain to initially set up.

Looking good!

Im aware your kit is a mix of skookum, brink and what could be moes, but if you *want* to get into soft armour, you could do worse than looking in brinks files than how he did his strapping. It has a pretty solid fit, if kind of a pain to initially set up.

Looking good!
Most of the kit is skookum and the shins are going to be brink. I remember seeing how he did his but I might come up with my own way for strapping but any idea will work for me

Chestplate it all painted and ready to do but there are a few spots that are gonna be covered with weathering soon. I’ll be wearing only the top half to comicpalooza this Saturday cuz the lower half won’t be printed in time for it. Running the top half for a test drive isn’t a bad idea so far and it can help makes some changes if needed
969E1BEF-8AE7-4D30-9309-1F143505A7DE.jpeg

Can't go wrong with a test run on fitting. I'll be doing the same at c2e2. Not sure if it'll help but we're doing different types of strapping for different parts of the suits but it's all 3d printed. We've got Elastic for the shoulder and then nylon for the legs and miss match of other things to get it to fit right. So you might look at mix match to whatever works best but also allows comfortability.

Can't go wrong with a test run on fitting. I'll be doing the same at c2e2. Not sure if it'll help but we're doing different types of strapping for different parts of the suits but it's all 3d printed. We've got Elastic for the shoulder and then nylon for the legs and miss match of other things to get it to fit right. So you might look at mix match to whatever works best but also allows comfortability.
It’s mostly the plate carrier strapping I’m focused on. I already have ideas for everything else

First off, I’m really digging the Bad Batch paint scheme. Secondly, I’m really looking forward to seeing how you do your strapping. I need some ideas for my ODST build. Keep up the great work!

View attachment 319653View attachment 319652So after some time I got some of my pieces printed and soft parts are here and I know what colors I’m going for and here’s my progress so far. Not shown here but half of my back plate is printed, shoulders are printed, belt setup is printed, and I’m gonna have to reprint the shins because of a fitting issue
What paint did you use? Looks great !!!

What paint did you use? Looks great !!!
Chestplate it all painted and ready to do but there are a few spots that are gonna be covered with weathering soon. I’ll be wearing only the top half to comicpalooza this Saturday cuz the lower half won’t be printed in time for it. Running the top half for a test drive isn’t a bad idea so far and it can help makes some changes if needed
View attachment 320552
That is a 3d print? What did you print in .01? Or did you sand? looks soooo smooth

First off, I’m really digging the Bad Batch paint scheme. Secondly, I’m really looking forward to seeing how you do your strapping. I need some ideas for my ODST build. Keep up the great work!
I did an x harness on the back plate to hold it up and so it won’t fall or move around too much. I hid some 1 inch straps under the eva foam and hot glued clips together to hold up. Even used some velcro to make it like my actual plate carrier

That is a 3d print? What did you print in .01? Or did you sand? looks soooo smooth
The paints I used is a rustoleum gunmetal gray, black primer and Montana black code red. Also used some acrylic paints for detail work. Yes most of it is printed and I did sand everything down

I wish my printer wasn't having teething troubles right now or I'd also be printing armor lol

Update: shin armor broke after coming back from New York so now I’m gonna maybe think of some alternatives or just reprint them fully and maybe make the sizing a little bit smaller. The helmet is also gonna need some fixing up and gonna add another attachment or two to it as well. I’ll be switching over to a plate carrier system and put the 3D printed parts on top because I’m more comfortable with a plate carrier, also maybe more towards the infinite style odsts that I mocked up in blender with the packs from halo archives. For some of the parts of the odst I have some ideas to go more towards the look as well
66E2BD78-7FB9-4AA7-8B3D-FF087D6A8DA3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back