Tremendicon Info and Roll Call: May 31st, 2024 - June 2nd, 2024

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Description: "Our focus is on Education, Inspiration, Encouragement, Collaboration, and Charity. These values will be incorporated by creating a convention experience where real educational experiences are available to attendees from professionals in creative roles. Attendees will see and hear what others are doing in their creative lives that can provide inspiration and let them dream big.

Having interactive and face-to-face opportunities will let creatives gain encouragement where they need it to grow into the creative roles they want. Collaboration happens when two or more individuals begin a dialogue leading to a mutual respect and desire to put creative energies together to make something greater.

We have a heart for charity. Tremendicon will use the financial and creative abilities to help the community and put positivity into the world by donating our time and money to charities that support children and those in need of help. "

Date: May 31st, 2024 through June 2nd, 2024 (Condensed: 05/31/2024 - 06/02/2024)

Event Website: Tremendicon

Local Hotels:
Lodging is being offered complimentary to the invite to the event for the requested number of participants.

Final Thoughts: This is a newer totally non-profit convention focused on makers and education. Last year our chosen charity was the Ozark Foodbank, which helps feed our local community.

A changing space will be provided as well as free entry for 405th Members and their handlers. Breakfast is hosted everyday, with a dinner on 5/30 and a lunch on 6/1 in their hospitality room. Hotel rooms or travel reimbursement must be approved by the vendor but is possible to accommodate.

From the event runner, Rebecca, a final note: "I'm hoping for local(ish) members who may have an interest in hosting a few panels or events (3 hours of content is what we typically ask our guests for). Or if they are just interested in guest badges and to promote their attendance I could possibly work with that too. Anything helps to get our non-profit more well known!"

REQUESTED ATTENDANCE: 1 to 5 Members. Will review if this is a static cap.

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- NobleofDeath16
- Emp Frosty
- BobRossIsMaDad
- Fallen
- SpartanSweed
- rickrtickr +1

Tentative Responses/Past Attendees:

- SSGLordErne

Start Time: 10:00 AM CST

End Time: 3:00 PM CST

Badge Purchase: HERE

Photoshoot:
Undecided at this time if we will host a formal shoot for a small event.

Time
:

Photographer Information:

Last edited:
Just had a wonderful meeting with the event runner at a local coffee house. They are very excited to have us and have a couple asks for interested folks!

- They would like to do small video interviews/intros to each guest to promote you for going, if that is something of interest let me know so I can help you with getting that done.

- For those traveling from afar, gas vouchers are on the table, will just need to know if that's something of interest for folks. They do also provide tax free hotel accommodation but seeing as must of us live local I'm happy to house folks as is BobRossIsMaDad

- They are approving a 20x10 space for us at this time near the local GhostBusters crew/501st. And they are also down with us running our usual panels. a minimum ask is about 3 hours of additive content to the event so that gives about an 1 1/2 hrs per panel if we wanna look at it that way. They are also open to running workshops.

- They do run a costume contest and also are looking for special guest to invite, WandererTJ since I know you aren't too far from here (3 hours isn't far to me). I the your name in the ring as someone id invite for either costume judging or special guests if I had my pick. They will look to cover applicable expenses through board approval.

In terms of people id love to see if you could make it down in addition to our current confirmed; SpartanSweed , Littlefoot1221 CherriDragon Oddball422 WandererTJ HoundsOfMeath CrimsonViper97 . Again, the expectation is given this is a smaller event as the convention is only three years old. They also do have a costume contest where a very nice sewing machine is up for grabs for 1st place, and from what im aware of our folks are not barred from entering.

Halo there! I'm a Springfield local and I was a cosplay guest at Tremendicon it's first year and they're a great bunch! At the Oasis Convention center they have a little oasis area inside (Hence the name) it's small but I have done photos there before. If you're interested, I could get a local photographer to help do a shoot. (Brian W Martin Photography). He does it for a hobby and doesn't charge.

I am thinking about attending Tremendicon as Cortana from Halo 4 (new suit- I am not official or approved for deployment but I'd love to see you guys!) I'm terribly awful about posting here (majorly shy XD).

Halo there! I'm a Springfield local and I was a cosplay guest at Tremendicon it's first year and they're a great bunch! At the Oasis Convention center they have a little oasis area inside (Hence the name) it's small but I have done photos there before. If you're interested, I could get a local photographer to help do a shoot. (Brian W Martin Photography). He does it for a hobby and doesn't charge.

I am thinking about attending Tremendicon as Cortana from Halo 4 (new suit I am not official or approved for deployment but I'd love to see you guys!) I'm terribly awful about posting here (majorly shy XD).
That would be amazing! A couple folks are coming down from the St. Louis/Kansas City area to help with this event and we have full presence here! I’d love to be able to have a photographer and more of a intimate experience for photo shoot!

I’m also playing with the idea of getting in touch with 14 Mill Market and having our 405th dinner there and seeing if they would allow us to be on site in armor to also take photos with folks! It’s all locally owned food places and basically a giant cafe.

Do folks have any panels ideas they may wanna also add to the programming? They were also open to us running workshops as well!

Do folks have any panels ideas they may wanna also add to the programming? They were also open to us running workshops as well!
Becoming a Spartan 101! Anything to help people get started is ideal! 3D printing basics, foam smithing, painting are some ideas XD

I think this would largely depend on everyone's wheelhouse.
I know that I have an "old school" method of crafting some pieces with Papakura.
I have some experience with "foam smithing" using both templates and freehand techniques.
I have experience with crafting props out of both soft and hard materials (foam and wood)
I have a little (very little) 3d printing experience.
And I would like to consider myself versed in the world of painting and weathering.

You could also include more niche aspects of our costumes that may be considered program-worthy.
There are different methods of crafting our boots in order to gain "spartan" heights
Methods to improve armor flexibility and comfort.
Methods of crafting the visors for the various helmets and the different ways to dye, tint, or otherwise create a reflective surface on them while still being viable to see through.
Methods for the various electronics systems that many members include for lighting, sounds, and cooling.

It really depends on:
What 405th leadership is comfortable allowing members to comment on.
What those members feel comfortable/knowledgeable about sharing in reasonable (and timely) detail.
And what tremendecon itself requires for a more schedule-appropriate program.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back