Tron Suit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDelta

So right now im working on my kamen rider double build. So all my money is taken up till after januray. I though i'd due my tron build next. So i wanted to talk about it befor I started on it. Im thinking of doing my tron build in green lights rather then blue. I saw some helmets around the threads. I did get fat hi 555's unfolded clue helmet. Im wondering if there are any more pep's for tron out there? For my build im thinking of layering it. First a wetsuit for the undersuit Then the green Electroluminescent sheets, Last I will use eva foam for the armor. So what do you guys think of my plan. All provide Some pics of the suit i want to build.I'll digress for a second, Any help with the helmet pep's or any others you guys know of would be great.

neon_green_tron_legacy_by_mindfreak01-d4cvxia.jpg

41477-lg.png

troncostume.jpg

Something like trons suit, Mosty i want to make sams in green.

sweet a reply XD. Well yes any files help the build really i just want to see if any one else wants to talk about how to go about this tipe of build like pulling the knowledge of the 405th for a great discussion.

What were you looking for? I have a grid warrior helmet, black guard helmet, and the sentry scout helmet. They aren't ready for pep, but I can work on them.

El sheets are expensive compared to the el wires. You should also consider el tape. Same idea, only it is in long strips, as opposed to paper sized sheets.

They used custom-made el tape for their suits and the last time I checked there were half a dozen vendors that make Tron lighting kits for both the disc and simpler versions of the suits. I bought some EL wire to mess around with and was pretty disappointed how weak it is under any conditions other than a very dark room.

good place for an under-suit as maybe a base for the costume would be at milanno.com its a Chinese site with cosplay options and you can get some pretty cool stuff. i got a legit venom spandex costume for like 30 bucks. its better then the crappy halloween costumes people have. just a thought.

EDIT: EL wire and tape and such is also very fragile. i've seen it used in the past and you'll have to be either really careful or have a way to quickly replace the busted sections. that was some of the problems they had in the actual torn movie.

Earlier this year I was planning on doing one of the Siren's but that fell through due to many reasons. After watching Tron Legacy for the millionth time I am planning on some point in the future doing Qurroa's suit. I do have the skills to sew and I am going to school for costume design so making the whole suit won't be as difficult. Would love to do it for this year's Comic Con but I'm already working on a Noble Six and Dragon Age 2 mage.

Actually, Im surprised nobody has suggested this yet: LEDs

Not the usual single ones though, using flexable LED strands, which can be cut every 3 inchs or so, it comes out much brighter, and you can actually see it in a non-super dark room!

The way i am doing this, is i took a black warm up jacket, cut the shapes you want out of the jacket, then in the now open space, sew white T-shirt (or like that) fabric. Then, using stitch witchery (Type of fabric adhesive) put the LED's so they are basically the thing touching your skin. This will make the light even more diffused so that it does not look like little points of lights. Through the white fabric, it will look blueish like in the movies...

good place for an under-suit as maybe a base for the costume would be at milanno.com its a Chinese site with cosplay options and you can get some pretty cool stuff. i got a legit venom spandex costume for like 30 bucks. its better then the crappy halloween costumes people have. just a thought.

EDIT: EL wire and tape and such is also very fragile. i've seen it used in the past and you'll have to be either really careful or have a way to quickly replace the busted sections. that was some of the problems they had in the actual torn movie.

lol i go to that site all the time XD.I was going to use a wet suit for the under suit.Dose any one kmow of a good way not to brake the tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back