Tropical Storm Gustav

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, a high pressure front is gonna push it into the keys, then go under the peninsula and get to the gulf.

lol good luck if it reaches there.

Mandatory Evac for the FL Keys issued this morning.... Schools closed till thursday (woot! I can neglect my homework for a few more days :lol: ). BUT, it looks like Ike has decided to spare my house and my island (unfortunately) and the worst case scenario as of right now is winds of a Cat 1 sweeping through the lower/middle keys, storm surge of up to 6 feet.

Depending on Ike's path at midnight tonight, i'll decide wether to evac or not. It's not that i NEED to evac...but its just been so damn long since ive been off this effing rock. Plus it will be my first time in 4 years that I can go to a mall and spend unnecessary amounts of money that I dont have :D And, i'll be taking Kaeda, Toki, Lola, and Sadie with me (my family or animals)<3

latest on Ike says its goin straight over the Cuba as a catagory 4 if i memberd right and leaven as a 1 then entering the gulf and getting up to a 3 with like 150mph winds i think and looks like its hitting louisiana :D lol but the keys should get some pretty good storms wind rain etc, well prolly feel it up here

no school and evac is awsome aint it ^^

Well we just got a call from the Captain down at JIATF South NASKW saying that the storm is goin to scrap along the top of Cuba and slow down to a Cat2 when it goes back over the water theres a slight possibility that it may turn its windy ass around and come straight at South Florida... but mostly likey it will just poulvarize Louisiana again as a Cat 4 ....*snickers*

But whiel its over Cuba the lower keys should be getting some pretty strong winds... remember we are only 90 miles away from Cuba. The Military and Government personel have been ordered to Evac by tomarrow morning.

just a mental note.....this is the same exact path cane andrew did....no body new it was all of a sudden gonna hook north...be watchful

405th HURRICANE WATCH! 2008! *incert special report music*

me and my rents were talking about the hurricanes a few days ago..like on how they all go over cuba. how many people you think are dead there? since they are a communist nation we dont hear jack about it

andrew- wat a fun huricane lol

actually we do hear about it...ts hanna made 8 deaths...god only knows what ike is gonna do

Well Ike weakened to a CAT 3, hit Cuba, and dropped to a Weak CAT 1... He's still traveling WNW at 12mph, and looks to cross the northern tip of Cuba, before entering the Gulf... The Projected path at this time shows Brownsvile Tx, to Morgan City, LA. No speculation on strength as of yet... but either way it puts me right in the middle of the track. We'll see what comes as the storm approaches.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Well we just got a call from the Captain down at JIATF South NASKW saying that the storm is goin to scrap along the top of Cuba and slow down to a Cat2 when it goes back over the water theres a slight possibility that it may turn its windy ass around and come straight at South Florida... but mostly likey it will just poulvarize Louisiana again as a Cat 4 ....*snickers*
Aww crap! Not again! Well, time for round two...

Edit: Looks like texas is gonna get Ike. I feel sorry for them but tgis is great news for me.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL i was playin with ya Leatherneck :p

Right now I'm getting hit with TS force winds and random sheets of rain (which hurts when you dont expect it to hit you lol) I actually woke up this mornign thinkin I was goin to work... after a quick drive to my Office I find the door sealed with a 4 foot wall of sandbags LOL. what the hell was my boss thinkin??? so, not getting paid again, I get to sit in my house with my dad and his family.... oh boy, wheres my bottle of Skyy?

BlacRoseImmortal said:
LOL i was playin with ya Leatherneck :p

Right now I'm getting hit with TS force winds and random sheets of rain (which hurts when you dont expect it to hit you lol) I actually woke up this mornign thinkin I was goin to work... after a quick drive to my Office I find the door sealed with a 4 foot wall of sandbags LOL. what the hell was my boss thinkin??? so, not getting paid again, I get to sit in my house with my dad and his family.... oh boy, wheres my bottle of Skyy?

Good news: Ike missed you guys mostly and is moving to the west....

Bad news: Ike is moving off to the west....towards Texas, and is expect to get stronger..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back