Tropical Storm Gustav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck, to everyone who lives in the areas of these things...

Lucky for me, Ohio is quite a ways away from Florida.

GL to ya all on the coast. all we get up here is Rain, Hail, and Tornados... OH MY!!

home you guys ride out ok!

Cheers,
-John-

ok so its 11:23 PM Saturday right now and Gustav is almost a CAT 5, the weather forecaster man Bob Breck is showing the paths it sould choose and they are all pretty much pointed over me......I may be making a visit to destin, florida or memphis, tennessee soon =/
right now we are putting tin sheets over the windows and battening down the hatches.

also off topic:
my dad and I were working on our 2006 yamaha rhino 660 and his friend at an ATV shop said to put some air in the hydraulic line for the back brakes (we were trying to disconnect the back brakes because they were making a bad griding noise on the rotars) and then apparently both front and rear brakes are connected :mad: and we were told they were seperate hydraulic brake lines .......they weren't.......
So we have a Rhino with almost no brakes. We blead the line with fluid then pumped the brake repeatedly for a very long time but the air stays in the line. If anyone has a good suggestion on how to fix this issue please PM me! =]

Well, I'm back home. The power came on earlier this evening. My housemates who stayed for the storm said the power went out Monday afternoon during the height of the storm. The bayou is still well over flood stage but has gone down over the past day or so. The house was never in danger of flooding. There are several trees and large branches down and small vegetation debris is scattered over the yard. The National Guard provided ice, bottled water, and MRE's down at city hall. Life is returning to normal around here, but all eyes are on Hurricane Ike. On an additional note, the governor of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal, has handled this disaster wonderfully. BTW, the evacuation of the Louisiana coast for Gustav was the largest evacuation in the nation's history.

w00t!

We have another Hurricane hitting FL! Hope it hits near St. Pete, I want out of school. (Sad, others lose everything to Hurricanes, I pray for them to get me out of school...What a sad life I live....)

TS Hanna is gonna bypass me alltogether, but my family and i have already started packin and getting ready for Ike (yeah, we get ready early) I have the weather channel on right now and it looks like Ike will be hitting somewhere in my general area as a Cat 3 Hurricane....which isnt too bad, but in our new house.... we dont know what it can stand.........

Ok, I just got an update from the Navy Weather station down in KW.... Ike has already turned into a Cat 4 Hurricane and is rampaging towards...me lol. Expected to hit wednesday as a Cat 4 or 5, it's still too far off to know exactly where it's goin.

/Ike

I'm glad that noone was hurt in Hurricane Gustav, that was a scare. Hopefully it'll be the only scare you guys will go through this year (doubtful).

/Gustav

This thread sould be turned into "Hurricane Season" updates since we are still in the beginning of a very active season :/

Driving to get married this weekend on the Outer Banks of NC. Our drive down is going to get owned by high winds (75-95mph) from TS Hanna.

The actual wedding day should be ok...from what I've heard anyways. I've come this far, so this storm can piss off lol.

11:30 am 9/4/08 NASKW (Naval Air Station Key West):

TS Hanna: Has started it's move away from the Bahamas and is predicted to hit North Carolina and moving up the East Coast all the way through New York. Wind speed of 65 MPH as of right now, said to get stronger before it makes landfall on NC. Predictions say Hanna may become a Cat 1 when it eventually hits around Sunday/Monday.

Cat 4 Ike: Path still unsure but it looks like it may start to follow in Hanna's wake.

TS Josephine: No news, yet.

Ike looks like the next "Your all going to die MUHAHAHHAHA' Hurricane. And it looks like it is headed straight for us! This is why I want to move to Canada, nothing bad happens in Canada :p

I'll keep updating thoughout the Hurricane Season what I hear directly from the Navy, I dont trust the news/weather channels anymore ^^

Know what i don't like? My mom left to go down there monday, and she may be there until the end of the month. She has hardly been home this summer due to inspections, and i miss her, no matter how annoying and lame she can be. She left for Katrina, and got back 2 weeks later. but this, ugh. :cry:

and DoF, just come up to PA, even though we are gettin flood watches due to hanna, but i don't know about ike or josephine yet. we are all watching this carefully.

and vex, hope that hurricane dosen't ruin your wedding, that would be a funny story to tell, or even the pictures with a storm in the background :D

a quick update from NASKW, 5:00 pm today:

TS Hanna: Goin to move in quickly and is predicted to hit around Charleston, SC on Sunday as a Cat 1, and move all the way up the East Coast past the US/Canada border.

Cat 4 Ike: Is directing it's path away from the FL Keys (damn) and it looks like it will hit Central Florida and work it's way up the East Coast on Wednesday of next week.

TS Josephine: Gaining in strength, predicted to turn into a Cat 1 in the next day.

So not much of a change... Ike and Josephine are likely to change completely, but Hanna is a deffinate.

2:30 PM Navy report:

TS Hanna: Is just passing Georgia and will continue to affect the East Coast as a slowly moves. Predicted to stay as a TS

Cat 3 Ike: The path is being narrowed down and will hit the Florida Keys and South Florida, as of right now the center of the path will pass over the 7 Mile Bridge (12 miles away from MY house :cautious:). If it stays over water it may be a Cat 5 when it passes over South Florida. If it hit's the top of Cuba it may just stay a Cat 3 and mostly affect the Lower Florida Keys and pass into the Gulf where it may gain strength again. Ike is still too far out for an accurate projected path. Will be making landfall on Tuesday of next week.

TS Josephine: The winds are speeding up and may turn into a Cat 1 in the next 2 days, still way too early to tell it's path but predicted to follow in Ike's wake.

OH CRAP!

5:00 pm NASKW:

Ike is gonna hit Tuesday night in between the 7 Mile Bridge as a Cat 4, WE ARE TOLD TO EXPECT A 12 FOOT STORM SURGE! We'll, there goes another one of my houses :cautious:

Mandatory Evac starts on Sunday....

Well it looks like i better get my snakes, my iguana, and my kitty ready for a roadtrip North ....

BlacRoseImmortal said:
OH CRAP!

5:00 pm NASKW:
Ike is gonna hit Tuesday night in between the 7 Mile Bridge as a Cat 4, WE ARE TOLD TO EXPECT A 12 FOOT STORM SURGE! We'll, there goes another one of my houses :cautious:

Mandatory Evac starts on Sunday....

Well it looks like i better get my snakes, my iguana, and my kitty ready for a roadtrip North ....

Hey my house has great weather..only about 12 hours north..I think..How far away are you from Pembrook Pines? Because thats 10 hours away from my house..

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the weather channel says that there is a mandatory immediate evacuation of the keys and some of southern florida, Ike is a category 4 or 3...i dont remember.

Pennsylvania is getting hit by hanna right now, should be over in a few hours.

and dont worry about josephine, its dead.

Ike is a small, but tightly packed hurricane, with the most damage in the very center. Puerto Rico was in the fringe, but did not get hit with damaging forces.

kelly, see ya when you get back, that hurricane is comin your way.

rvb4life said:
well, the weather channel says that there is a mandatory immediate evacuation of the keys and some of southern florida, Ike is a category 4 or 3...i dont remember.

Pennsylvania is getting hit by hanna right now, should be over in a few hours.

and dont worry about josephine, its dead.

Ike is a small, but tightly packed hurricane, with the most damage in the very center. Puerto Rico was in the fringe, but did not get hit with damaging forces.
kelly, see ya when you get back, that hurricane is comin your way.
And after it gets done with the keys it looks like it'll be another northern Gulf Coast landfall. This crap is getting on my nerves. I don't think I have enough energy left to work another hurricane evacuation and recovery. Time to sit and wait and see where Ike goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back