Tru7h's Finished Mkvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru7h

Jr Member
I finished this costume on Halloween day. Procrastination's a female dog, eh?
You can't see it here, but on the other shoulder I have "7" as an emblem.

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8930n.jpg

All the pics are here.

Everything is standard detail except the helmet and the handplates.

It's not perfect and it's probably not up to par with most of the builds here on 405th, but I'm proud of it. :)

Nice..Nice
But why didn't you use Bondo (Body Filler)?
If It's because you wanted to get it done by Halloween , I can understand.
How many people knew you were wearing MkVI Armor(Or Master Chief)? Because when I went Trick or Treating, only 2 people knew who I was....An Old guy and a kid across the street... :p
But anyways , Nice costume :D

222notforu!!! said:
Nice..Nice
But why didn't you use Bondo (Body Filler)?
If It's because you wanted to get it done by Halloween , I can understand.
How many people knew you were wearing MkVI Armor(Or Master Chief)? Because when I went Trick or Treating, only 2 people knew who I was....An Old guy and a kid across the street... :p
But anyways , Nice costume :D

Yeah, I didn't have time to use Bondo. I didn't get recognized much this year, but that's because the teenagers weren't out yet and I had to leave early for a party. People liked it though, even though I kept getting called "Storm trooper" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, this is my upgrade. Last year I made my first suit of MKVI armor with some earlier lower detail models, and it didn't do too well by my standards at least. I didn't build it well as it was my first pep, I barely fiberglassed it so it didn't hold up, and the paintjob was rushed. I don't even have the thing anymore, it fell apart.

But this year I wanted to do it better and do it right. I had more experience and more time, but I still proctastinated a lot and it's not all it could be. Either way, I think I'm done with the Mark VI. I might consider making separate permutations, but I'm not doing this again next year! :lol: I've got something else in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back