Tutorial: How To Create Airsoft Tough Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i was reading into that and these guns fire harder but the other ones last longer. but all you have to do is go to airsoft gi and you can get a upgrade or repair so when something runs out its like 40 bucks and thats like every 1-2 years

As far as I know, the 405th is pretty much against people taking their creations and going out to get shot at in them, even if it's just little bits of plastic.

Airsofting has safety equipment and regulations in place to ensure that this equipment is used - ignore those regs and you're running the risk of getting yourself hurt. A pellet in the eye is still a pellet in the eye no matter what it's made from, and at any airsoft speed there's still the risk of you getting it in your eye and thusly losing it. And while your motorbike visor may theoretically be able to take the impact of a BB pellet, the rest of your armor isn't so vigorously tested, and we don't want a member coming back to us less one eye, or that member's family starting some soccer-mom lawsuit on us because we let her kid play out with airsoft equipment in home made armor.

Please: heed the safety instructions. Be wise, be safe, and enjoy your armor without going out into the field to get shot at in it. There's no substitute for the proper safety gear, and no matter how cool you think you are, 'cool' isn't going to stop you getting hurt or worse if an accident happens while you're airsofting in armor.

LOL man hat's the way I wanna make it even if i dont expect to resist airsoft guns it's useful for meh in other way.

I agree with crucible this thread is quite against safety rules to show how to make ur armor and then shoot at it.An airsoft has strict rules for protection and these type of experiments are inappropiate here

box o crayons said:
actually the heavier the bb the less fps but it will fly straighter and more acurate which is why you use them on higher fps rated guns but if its point blank then it will do more damage depending on the weight and ill take my armour peice out now and shoot it be back in a half hour or so with some pictures
The heavier they are the more damage they make.
I had a plastic chair at my backyard, i was using it to hold targets, guess what? The chair has a HUGE hole in it right now.
The visor isnt really a problem, it will not shatter, but just to make sure, wear safety glasses underneath the visor.
And add a plastic scratch protector untop of it.

-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Crucible is 100% correct.

We will NOT advise anyone on taking part in these kinds of risky activities with their COSTUME ARMOR due to the legal liability involved.

Costumes are not intended to protect you from any kind of ballistic threat, and we will not recommend anything that might harm our members.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back