Tutorial: Pepakura building for dummies (or noobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great little tutorial. I am starting a project with my son, since I don't actually play a lot of Halo anymore, and he plays entirely too much. I think this will be a fun thing to do, and we have decided to try our hands at an EOD Helmet. I have Dl'd the pep viewer and the required files, though after browsing the forums, I think we will try our hand first with the Low-Res until we get the hang of it. Having the next 5 weeks being in a air cast, my lunch hours are free to tinker at work... wish I had found this 8 weeks ago when I first got into a hard cast. I am printing out this tutorial though for the wall of my office for quick reference, thanks to the OP for sharing his knowledge with us N00bs

I'm not sure i'm posting in the right spot, but as a noob it feels the best place.

When I printed out some files to make the Noble armour, some of the numbers had overlapped and were really hard to read. Other than blowing the numbers up super large, is there a way I can shift them to the side? If not, jigundonormous numbers ahoy! (which would make it hard for fiddley bits)

I'm not sure i'm posting in the right spot, but as a noob it feels the best place.

When I printed out some files to make the Noble armour, some of the numbers had overlapped and were really hard to read. Other than blowing the numbers up super large, is there a way I can shift them to the side? If not, jigundonormous numbers ahoy! (which would make it hard for fiddley bits)

Im a bit of a noob as well, but ive tried fixing the number thing and i havent found a way to do it. You kinda just look at the other numbers that you can read and then look for the connecting piece to those, so even though you cant read the smaller numbers that overlap you know the general area they go in. So it works out.

Also, Hey yall, i hope i came to the right place to ask this question, (seeing that i didnt see it anywhere else, but if im not in the right place feel free to tell me)

I just completed my pepped (with cardstock) mark 5 hd chest-piece after my 2nd scaling try, BUT its still a little bit big i think! (it stick out far in my opinion.) But what i thought is that i'd seen a lot of people cut the sides of their chest piece and clip the two together to make it easier to put on, i figured that i could do this and cut off a little on the sides so that it would not stick out. Ill post a pic later of how it looks right now.
So basically,if anyone has cut the sides of their chest-piece to make it easier to slip on / make it fit better id appreciate some feedback on how this works,

thanks,
anna:D

This helped tremendously, all the other Tutorials out there forget to mention what the heck the numbers are for. Although my confusion has cleared most of the way, how in Mt. Olympus am I supposed to print the stuff on the card stock?

Okay I’m trying to build my first set of Halo Reach Armor. I have Pepakura (Version 3) I have a JFO base Helmet. I’ve found where to modify the size of the parts. But I don’t know which Part to Measure (height, width, or depth). This is confusing the heck out of me because when I modify one to fit the size of the area the others change and then it will be either too big or too small (for example once it said my head/ helmet was 18 inches high(I know it’s in mm I just check the inches compared to my head )) It’s getting so frustrating. ANY help with this problem will be VERY appreciated

Cheers! Its Just what I wanted

Thanks, that's brilliant. I've been umming and aahing about card thickness to use and how to go about folding the thicker stuff, but this is perfect. ;) It seems we've found our man!

wat if there is a shape on the pieces with no dotted lines on it? do i have to cut it out?? sorry if i have bad english cos im from an asian country :)

Do you have a picture of it? Id hate to tell you the wrong thing... if it looks like a tab, its most likely supposed to be there and part of the piece.

Nice tut!!! so far one of the most helpful I have found here in the 405th. I'm starting my project today for the Iron Man's Mark VI. I found this site two weeks ago and I'm glue to it pretty much every time I get the chance, I read tons of tutorials and have a ton of files with different versions of the armor, but I think I'm making me a hybrid version of it...Picking the best designs and parts of each armor, I think it would look cool (or a complete disaster) depending on how good I can make it....

was attempting to do the death mask in ME2 read somewhere that 110 grade paper was what should work when doing pieces that will bend or that are small the piece will crease and bend what am I doing wrong? One printer went as far to say that paper has grain and going against or was it with would make the piece crease.

Ive been looking through noob forum and creation discussion and i havent found any detailed foam tuts or foam sizing (unless if im blind). But it would be nice if someone here can tell me how to work with foam such as when you draw the pieces on there( like where do you go from there and what do you print out the pieces and trace them on there?). Or can you post the link to a thread that does. Thanks in advance.

Great tutorial. I found it after I completed a MK IV Iron Man helmet about 5 minutes ago. It's taken me days to GUEDD which fold is a valley or mountain... don't I feel like a dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back