Un Official Preferred Printer Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make this thread after needing to find a printer that pulls cardstock. Now since cardstock is a very heavy paper and of very little use to civilians, barely any printer will list it as a media type. So I asked in the forums. After seeing that not one of the printers that was recommended to me was at Office Depot, I went with my gut. I brought home a printer I shouldn't have, and after reading the manual, promptly repackaged it and returned it for a full cash return. OFFICE DEPOT IS THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO RETURNS! IT DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ME 30 SECONDS WITH AN OPENED BOX!

Anyway I finally picked out one that I did a bit of research and since it pulls A4(website said it did) I figured it'd tackle cardstock, and it did. It pulled 110lb cardstock no problem.

Anyways please post and discuss printers here that either pull cardstock or A4 or both. If you want the printer added to the list please tell me what it pulls and the name, and a link to the product page of the manufacturers site if possible. Pictures are
nice too. Give a short description and a rating of 1 - 5 stars if you like.

Printers that pull armor paper.

FuncootForever said:
Q8361B_190x170.jpg

HP PhotoSmart D5360 - http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/sg/en/ho/WF...0-80417421.html
This printer claims to pull A4 and I tested 110lb cardstock, pulls it with ease. Can't review it, just got it today, but the printer pulls what I need!

Mobeus said:
Canon Pixma MP150
13_306023.gif

http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Produ...MP150/index.asp
It's a multi purpose printer, meaning it scans and does copies as well.

Pulls A4 and cardstock wonderfully.

Vexona said:
HP D4160

Price: Approx $55

C9068C_190x170.jpg

Excellent price, reliable, very nice quality prints, common cartridges.

I do professional design work and I use this to print out a lot of my things.

Sniper said:
HP Photosmart 2600 Series. Been using it on all of mine, and shows detail even on the fastest printing. Can scan, read camera memory cards, has a firewire port, and networking options. We (my family) love it. :)
HP_Photosmart_2610.jpg

Durlaburban said:
Hp C4100 series printer
c00625498.jpg

Great to print it all. it can scan, copy, print color or B/W, has own display, and read camera memory cards. :p plus theres never been a think it cant print.

Last edited by a moderator:
HP Photosmart 2600 Series. Been using it on all of mine, and shows detail even on the fastest printing. Can scan, read camera memory cards, has a firewire port, and networking options. We (my family) love it. :)

HP_Photosmart_2610.jpg

Actualy, most desktop inkjet printers will handle 110# stock, & if you are in the US, there really isn't any need for A4, as that's the euro paper standard & not used here. If you are using the newer version of Pepakura, you can change the print settings to 'Letter', which is 8.5x11.

I'm saving up for a wide-format printer that'll handle 11X17 sheets (Actualy prints to 13x19), which will greatly aid in papercrafting & pattern printing... You can actualy get them for under $300 with a little looking, which isn't alot more than one of the going " all-in-wonders"... As I already have an excellent scanner & my photo-printer has all the different card readers, all I need from a printer, is well, printing... HP & Canon are both good, especialy since Canon now make HP's printers... ;)

Wolf

Hp C4100 series printer
c00625498.jpg

Great to print it all. it can scan, copy, print color or B/W, has own display, and read camera memory cards. :p plus theres never been a think it cant print.

And on a side note ALMOST every printer will pull cardstock. its just if you can stand to watch your printer "whine and groan" while printing. kinda dishearting when you spent a couple hundred on it. :cool:

I'm suprised no one posted a top loading printer, All bottom loaders lol, but notice funcoot...how we all say use HP, like I said, with HP, I never have had a problem.

HP D4160

Price: Approx $55

C9068C_190x170.jpg

Excellent price, reliable, very nice quality prints, common cartridges.

I do professional design work and I use this to print out a lot of my things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back