Uncompleted pepakura helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

How much does it cost for an uncomplete pepakura helmet. I mean the helmet is put together but there is no resin, no fiberglass, no paint, no visor (But the paper cardstock visor is in) no nothing.
How much does that cost? Because if its low I could just buy alot of those. Pm me with pics and a price if you have any to sell.

I mean decent ones, not the ones that look deformed and half done.

wrap it in bubble wrap, that'll keep it from being destroyed! lolz, im kidding dude, no ones gonna buy a paper helmet...maybe fiberglassed but not just paper

I suppose the best way to fix that is to put them in a box slightly bigger, and put packing peanuts inside and outside. No room to move, no way it can break.

Nooo.. I WANT TO BUY IT.
I dont want to ruin my main one during molding and need some new ones.
If anyone has one to sell, sell it to me. I dont think it should cost too much. Like 10 bucks or so, correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont think 10 dollars is a fair price to offer for a pepakura project. Quite a few hours go into building one. why don't you just do it yourself?

You wouldnt like what I would quote for one. I would charge at least $18 per hour of work plus materials. Even though the finished object is just a folded peice of card with low value, it has a high production cost due to labour. That is why I think you should just fold one yourself.

So lets think, even if it takes me around 5 hours of making one, which means using the pepakura as refrence thats 90 bucks plus maybe 10 bucks.

OKAY...
Anyone who is'nt a cheap blank?

Anyone who is'nt a cheap blank?
:lol: I told you, you wouldnt like it. The rate I quoted was actually quite cheap too. This is why big fantasy movies have production budgets in the millions. custom stuff is expensive. I read somewhere that each one of spidermans suits in his latest movie cost over 25 K to produce. 18 per hour is bargain mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say 20 dollars for the work, but like I said before, their quality, may not be yours. They might think their helmet is the best in the world, yet when you get it, it's a crushed piece of crap glued together.

AoBfrost said:
I'd say 20 dollars for the work, but like I said before, their quality, may not be yours. They might think their helmet is the best in the world, yet when you get it, it's a crushed piece of crap glued together.

I could sell you a pep helmet for 50USD, (fully formed no deformations etc...) But the shipping costs would be expensive.

I think the easiest way would be putting it into a legendary helmet sized box and filling it with paper shred, it wouldnt be damaged.

-Finnish

REMEBER THAT THE MINIUM PAY CHECK IN THE US FOR AN HOURS WORK IS 6 DOLLARS AND IF SOMEONE USES 10 HOURS TO MAKE A HELMET FOR EXAMPLE IT WOULD COST 60 DOLLARS

Actually it's 7+ dollars now, I forget what the exact amount is, but just the other day, I read the minimum wage increased by a few cents above 7 dollars an hour, that estimates 75 dollars + shipping.

The time, materials and shipping to make a pepakura helm costs more than most people would ever be willing to pay.

I've seen people in classifieds who have tried to sell unfinished pieces. They seem to get luke-warm responses, because while people appreciate that lots of time was spent on the project, the actual result doesn't hold a great monetary value. In the end it's a fragile paper sculpture.

Judging by the tone in your posts, it sounds like you really just dread having to make another. Understandably! Pepakura is frustrating. Unfortunately, for the money spent, you are better off to buy the black cartridge and paper and just enlist a family member or friend, aka 'slave labor' to help you.

You may get lucky and see someone who scraps their project and wants to get rid of what they've made, but otherwise there's not a lot of options. 8-10 hours of work, at any fair price, is going to be expensive.

PM me an offer. I have decided to make a variant so i no longer need my old pep helmet, it has no resin, no fiberglass, and the visor is still attached. Don't be cheap though, this cost me about 11 hours of my life, just make me a reasonable offer. Thanks.

edit: i will post some pics if you need them.

Really a pep helmet would be worth 20-30 dollars, but because people want money for the hours they spent, they request 60-70 dollars.

AoBfrost said:
Really a pep helmet would be worth 20-30 dollars, but because people want money for the hours they spent, they request 60-70 dollars.

EXACTLY, (besides people could be doing real work getting 7 dollars an hour making it 70 dollars in the time it's finished).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back