Undersuit Realism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamthedevastator

Well, my last topic was deleted and I never found out why, so I'll start another one here. Please if you decide to remove it can you at least notify me? I deserve that much courtesy at least...

ON TO THE TOPIC: Fabric for the undersuit. Does anybody know a fabric that has a weave somewhat akin to that of braided steel? This is more a question for Mass Effect armor, but I'm sure this fabric could have multiple applications. Also, I had an idea for making the fabric myself by constructing a square frame and threading a thick cross-weave kind of deal; much like the carbon fibre weave.

My friend just sugested I buy carbon fibre and not resin it. Sounds legit; any ideas on the chance of it working/standard price for carbon fibre? I know it varies by region...

Thanks, and hopefully I can get a bit more help than last time :p

I dont think anyone deleted your thread if you didnt notice the site was down a few days last week and adam had to use a back up so some post and threads went missing from those few days

Well, my last topic was deleted and I never found out why, so I'll start another one here. Please if you decide to remove it can you at least notify me? I deserve that much courtesy at least...

There was a data base error, the forum rolled back a few days some threads were lost. I'm pretty sure it wasn't personal. :)

As for the fabric question, Woven carbon fibre mat is about 35 usd per yard, I'm pretty sure you're not meant to handle it without gloves/dust masks etc due do fine particles causing irritation so using it unbound on an item of clothing might not be the best choice. A better option may be having the pattern screen printed onto some teeshirt fabric, or simply dry-brushing a loose weave fabric with some metallic paint.

Carbon fiber is expensive, but there are look-alike fabrics that are much cheaper that will give the same effect. Hobby Lobby had some a while back for around $2 a yard. I made a "carbon fiber" stick shift for my car with it. You might also try ballistic nylon, It is what many backpacks and luggage is made from. You may have to shop online for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back