unfinished MK5 armor needs a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabolzichjjl

Jr Member
Ive joined the army and my parents dont want my unfinished armor layin around when im gone so im trying to find a worthy builder to complete the project..

if anyone's interested in taking over, message me on here so we can talk about details

yes, get pics up. noone will buy it if they can't see it. Also, your size? What did you scale it to? Etc.
EDIT: oh, and this should probably be in classifieds...

wow.. last time i was here there was no classifieds..
anyways.. its a low-def suit that i started some time ago.. scaled to fit a 6 foot tall skinny guy...

all parts have at least a coat of resin on them..
SD531392.jpg

chest and thighs are glassed completely.. chest is 90% done formed to look like battle damage on right peck
SD531395.jpg

SD531397.jpg

partially glassed
SD531394.jpg

unglassed
SD531393.jpg

Thats actually a pretty good low def build, *cough *MK 6*
I actually did a low def MKVI EOD as my first build.
The helmet was hi-def.

sorry, guys.. its been a while..

i did a high def helmet too, for this build.. but i cant seem to put a reasonable price tag on it..
i spent way too many hours on it..

Pipinacan, i tried PMing you back.. your inbox is full.. so it said

Well, if the suit and helmet could be finished and painted MC Green (Olive). I'd be willing to buy the whole thing. Though I'd like to see the helmet. Is it a standard Mark VI helmet or a different type like EOD or something?

the idea behind me sending it off is cause i dont have the time to finish.. im wanting it to go to someone who would finish it and enjoy it since i cant..

im holdin onto the helmet, though..
i put entirely too much time into it to let it go
1228092016.jpg

Congratulations on your decision to go into the Army. It's where I got my start, and I'm glad I did.

Your parents won't hang on to that until you get done with Basic and AIT? It's not like it'll take a lot of room, and, if they're going to hold your own room for when you visit, what skin is it off their nose to have it in there all neatly boxed up? Since the chances are that you'll get a state-side assignment, first, (unless you volunteered for Korea) I'd ask them to hold it for you. Once you get your reporting orders, you'll be able to take it with you and finish it. You could even chance having it shipped overseas if you get stationed in Germany or Korea, but I wouldn't recommend that.

If you put as much time as you imply into this, then just getting rid of it is a waste.

well, the suit has been a little low on my priority list what with school, work, and now the army..

as far as storing it, somehow i dont think imma get back around to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back