Unity Project 2012 for Child's Play Charity (Looking for donors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is shaping up to be one sweet looking weapon.

Good work on the M6, JBetts; lots of attention to detail! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Thanks guys! I put a coat of primer on it yesterday to see what sections are good to go and which sections still need work. As always , primer really makes EVERY flaw jump out. I am very pleased with the forward side sections overall smoothness and the trigger recess. Tell me what you think!

pistolflipped_zps91c8a3e1.jpg

These angles below the side panel area need a little more smoothing

IMG_0730_zpsf284107c.jpg

I'm super satisfied with how the recessed area on the trigger turned out!

IMG_0734_zps00e01085.jpg

I still have to make the transition from trigger to grip smooth , but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle

IMG_0733_zpsf6335b6b.jpg

both forward side panels are SUPER smooth!

IMG_0735_zps29baaf05.jpg

The pistol is still SUPER rough , but the areas I've dedicated work too have improved greatly from how they were when I received it. Comments and criticisms are welcome!

-Jacob

You are cleaning it up real nice. That was my first print so I had to add some detail by hand. Not much of a hand sculptor myself I lost my patience with it. I wasn't steady with the Dremel, so there's lots of deep cuts in places. I had to etch out that tapered rounded section on the sides and add the tapered part in front of it with the bondo. The top front sight is all Bondo. I went a little hard with the sand paper and went crooked. I think that's when I decided to let someone else finish. You are doing a great job so far. Keep it up.

You are cleaning it up real nice. That was my first print so I had to add some detail by hand. Not much of a hand sculptor myself I lost my patience with it. I wasn't steady with the Dremel, so there's lots of deep cuts in places. I had to etch out that tapered rounded section on the sides and add the tapered part in front of it with the bondo. The top front sight is all Bondo. I went a little hard with the sand paper and went crooked. I think that's when I decided to let someone else finish. You are doing a great job so far. Keep it up.

Thanks man! It's a labor of love. You made a fantastic base for detail to be added too. Thanks again!

Hey guys! Happy 1st birthday too the 2012 Unity Project! I thank you all for the work you've done so far and you're devotion in the future! Thanks!

-Jacob

Hey everyone! Now that the forum works again and is usable (a big thank you too the staff of the site!) let's get this show rolling again!

I have a few things that are important to address, so here they are!

1. Our deadline is November 1st (It was previously Oct. 1st, but I figure with all the stuff that went on with the forum, I'd give it an extra month.)

2. I'm shipping off the lanyards within the next few weeks so expect to receive them late June/early July. Let's also hope that none of you have changed addresses since I've gotten them!

That's it for now! Hopefully we can get back in the swing of things now that the weather is ideal for propping all around the country so our fellow 405th'ers who live in colder climates can have an easier time when it comes to the temperature outside!

-Jacob

Awesome, really glad to see that whole forum nastiness didnt kill this project! Looks like its time to get back to work!

In Memory of Jerry Betts - 1960-2013

Hello everyone

As you can see, this thread has been inactive since my last post on 6/13. I want to give some explanation as to why.

The day after I posted the update, my father was admitted to the hospital. Some of you who have been my friends on the forums for a few years may know that he was a super sick man. He went in with Pneumonia (which for a respiratory patient can be bad news) and was at the hospital for a little over two weeks until they decided to transfer him to one of the largest hospitals in Michigan. On June 28th, he was found unconscious after his nurse gave him a new medication for pain and she didn't stay with him to see if he was allergic (he had been having excruciating pain in his abdomen). They got him going again, but he hit his head when he fell and could barely speak. On June 29th, they said he had coughed so hard that he ruptured a blood vessel in his abdomen and he was bleeding internally. He was transferred to Munson Medical around 12:30pm and when they arrived his heart stopped beating due to the pressure from the blood in his abdomen. He died around 1:50pm that day after a 5+ year battle with a still un-diagnosed lung condition. My life has obviously been hectic since that day and I am just now able to sit down and update this thread as to what happened.

As some of you know, Jerry (my father), drew the print that all of our team members and donors will receive for their participation. Each print is now limited and there will only be 50 produced.

Thank you guys for understanding why this has been dragging on for so long! It's been a rough year for my family with my father being admitted to the hospital 4-5 times in the last 6 months. So now that the depressing part is over.....

Let's get building!

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. You and your family have my condolences.

Thanks! He had been sick for so long and was in excruciating pain. He is now at peace.

Update - I just got all of the lanyards packed up and ready to ship! I'll ship them out tomorrow morning!

I remember the last time he went in before this one. I am sorry to hear about his passing, but as you said, he is at peace now. He is watching over you and your family, so make him proud by continuing to be a stand up guy. :)

YAY!!!

Hey man i just want to thank you for everything you are doing. I know you have had one heck of a year. Keep up the good work :) Your dad would be proud

YAY!!!

Hey man i just want to thank you for everything you are doing. I know you have had one heck of a year. Keep up the good work :) Your dad would be proud

You're very welcome! This past year has been super rough. It means alot bro!

BTW Everyone- When you get your lanyards in the mail, tell me by replying too the thread!

Sorry to hear about your dad. He would be very proud of you for continuing this project.

I got my lanyard yesterday. Now let's get this project finished.

I got mine in the mail today ! :)

I can try and donate some more money to you guys after my vacation at the end of the month if it would help :)

Got my lanyard in. The helmet will be reinforced hopefully by this weekend and will be ready to go to whoever is doing the final detail work shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back