Props UNSC storage box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumgoot

Nice and easy repaint of my dad's old toolbox. I really like how it turned out. Might use it for storing tools or maybe as storage/presentation of a future prop. Used store-bought stencils for the lettering. I would like to add some smaller numbers and text on it, and a UNSC logo, but don't have small stencils. Does anybody know of a cheap or easy method to stencil the UNSC logo without special equipment?

IMG_2775.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_2748.JPG

Nice and easy repaint of my dad's old toolbox. I really like how it turned out. Might use it for storing tools or maybe as storage/presentation of a future prop. Used store-bought stencils for the lettering. I would like to add some smaller numbers and text on it, and a UNSC logo, but don't have small stencils. Does anybody know of a cheap or easy method to stencil the UNSC logo without special equipment?

View attachment 259719 View attachment 259720View attachment 259721

When I have odd sizes of stencils to make or ones that are too fine for the vinyl cutter I lay out strips of painters tape to make a slight overlap which creates a sheet. Using a print out of whatever you want, tack the print out down to a cutting surface on top of the painters tape sheet and go at it cutting out your shapes with a sharp x-acto knife. Things like the UNSC eagle insignia might take a bit of time (so many feathers) but it'll work.

When I have odd sizes of stencils to make or ones that are too fine for the vinyl cutter I lay out strips of painters tape to make a slight overlap which creates a sheet. Using a print out of whatever you want, tack the print out down to a cutting surface on top of the painters tape sheet and go at it cutting out your shapes with a sharp x-acto knife. Things like the UNSC eagle insignia might take a bit of time (so many feathers) but it'll work.

I feel like I would probably mess that up, but thanks for the technique, it's a possible solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back