Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST 64

Hi everyone i just joined recently and looking at different forms threads i noticed that a lot of people have an "Infantryman" below their username. Does anybody know how to get this?

For the record, SPRTNBD50, we're not supposed to reveal how to get to infantry status. Just encourage the newcomers to build and be active in the forums. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I know people aren't supposed to reveal it.

ODST_64, welcome to the 405th. This is a great community where we build armor/other props and inspire and help others to successfully create their own. Let me fill you in on some rules.

As a new guy, you are expected to be visited the noob forums. Watch the orientation video that Adam has posted, and read through the stickies on the page. That should help you get started.

Now I've noticed, ODST_64, that you've posted two new threads in this community already. Both questions have already been asked and are definitely able to be found using the search button or simply by browsing the noob forum. If you have a question, always use the search button first. If you can't find the answer you are looking for, feel free to ask around. However, post the question under one of the stickies in the noob forum. There's a category for almost every question you will have. Stay away from started new/unnecessary threads when they can easily be found in the noob forum.

Have fun while you're here, build some cool stuff, and post it up. Ask questions when you have to, and always be respectful. Remember: YOU ARE A NOOB HERE! Noobs are not usually liked because they are normally very demanding and expect everything to be done for them. Don't be like the others. Everything I've posted here in this comment should help you out to build armor for the rest of your noob career. Once you grow out of that noob shell, you'll get better at this craft.

Another important thing: Read all of the safety stickies. They will help you with info on respirators, what's safe to use and what isn't. THIS IS A MUST READ. YOU WILL HARM YOURSELF IN THE FUTURE IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL. That's all I have to say on that topic.

Stay safe.

Bulldog

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody i while defenintaly look into all of the threads and dont worry i wont be naggy needy noob :)

This is false. The post count is no longer 100 it was raised, a lot. There are other ways to gain infantryman. Most common is by blowing us away with amazing work or by contributing to the forum.

Really? Well anyways, yes, you can become an Infantryman with amazing work, and if the work is TOO AMAZING, it might just end up in the "Elite Showcase"

hope i get on the elite showcase when i get the money to start my project: AMERICAN STEEL anyways i havent really tried to become an infantryman i just want to have fun, besides i thought that just meant you were a member of the staff since they all knew alot lol

hahaha well in that case i dont think i will get infantryman any time soon cause my work really sucks and it would be a miracle for it to end up in the elite showcase.

Well, you have to keep the Elite Forum in context; many of the featured forum members and their wares have lots of experience - which they gained through time, trial, and learning from errors.

But really - as much as I love looking at the super cool shtuff in there - I find the WIPs in the Noob and Creation Discussion forums to be the most interesting and inspiring. You get to be a part of the OPs build rather than oggle in sheer brilliance (which is cool too!).

Edit hehe, i just realised that "trial" implies "learning from errors". Lets just say they had to build their repertoire of experience and skill through lots of time and...experience......forget it.
END OF POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back