Using Pepakura For A More Rounder Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themarine

Is it a good idea to use Pepakura for a more rounder armor?

Like most halo armors are sharp and sleek, which makes it easier to do with Pepakura, but the armor that I want to make has a more curved/rounded shelled armor like this:

633547896064526059-warhammer40000nowavailableinlarp.jpg

If Pepakura is not a good idea, what else can I do? (that isnt too expensive like buying 100lbs+ of molding/clay)

i see you fairly new to the site as am i but it looks like alot of the smoothing can be done with bondo like the rest here =] i think ive seen this helmet in a topic here somewhere

themarine said:
Is it a good idea to use Pepakura for a more rounder armor?

Like most halo armors are sharp and sleek, which makes it easier to do with Pepakura, but the armor that I want to make has a more curved/rounded shelled armor like this:

633547896064526059-warhammer40000nowavailableinlarp.jpg

If Pepakura is not a good idea, what else can I do? (that isnt too expensive like buying 100lbs+ of molding/clay)

You may want to do the some parts out of pepakura and then the others from cardboard. But yes, pep can be used to make these suits. It looks to me that these were made from some sort of foam type material.

Also, if you happen to come across the pep files for a suit like the guy in the back, I've been looking around for it for a bit here and there, for a friend.

Thanks and good luck on your build. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back