using sketch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachciav

well the title pretty much explains it, but i just made the elbow armor for arms race marines, in sketch up, but now i dont know how to turn it into a pep file. do i just save it as .pdo or something more complicated? im really new at doing this, so any help is apreciated. thanks! :D

Go to file in sketchup. Then go to export then click 3D Model. Then choose the destination. After that go to Pepakura and the file should be where you put.

i dont have google earth, so ill try to export the file. should i change it form .pdo now or just keep it.

edit: ok so i tried to export it, and it saved ad a .dwg and said something about auto CAD. then i opened up pep designer, and went to where i exported the file, it wasnt there, so i open the folder separatly and found it, then i ried to open it using pep and it said cannot load file of specified type er some thing like that..did i do anything wrong?

I pretty sure you don't need Google Earth. You just have to save it as one. A export type pull-down box will be under the File Name box.

what do you mean save it as one?
and if anyone else can give me advise on this stuff id be really happy. because i would like to contribute to this site more, and eventualy make pep stuff for everyone. i know theres a big work load put on the few pep file creator people we have, and id like to help them out.

edit: i cant find the export in the pull down box

1.Go to Sketchup and go to file.

2.Once in the file menu go to export.

3.Then select 3D Model.
[attachment=2798:sketch_u...xporting.jpg]

4.Once in the export model box select the destination.

5.Before you export it go to the "Export Type" pull down box and save it as a Google Earth 4(*.kmz) [attachment=2799:sketch_u...orting_2.jpg]

thanks i just figured that out and i just printed it after scaling and everything, i hope its the right size. and once i finish the rest of the armor ill post it if any one wants it.

Download google earth 4. and Sketchup 6, open file, edit it to be as clean as possible (zoom into the onsides of a model too, there might be crap you can take out that wont effect the outside look)

once clean, file>export>filename.kmz (google earth 4 format .kmz)

grrrr....i feel like sketchup made my brain explode......i cant get the chest plate to work......im using that photo match thing, and the axies keep getting wrong.

Reilly said:
1.Go to Sketchup and go to file.

2.Once in the file menu go to export.

3.Then select 3D Model.
[attachment=2798:sketch_u...xporting.jpg]

4.Once in the export model box select the destination.

5.Before you export it go to the "Export Type" pull down box and save it as a Google Earth 4(*.kmz) [attachment=2799:sketch_u...orting_2.jpg]
you have vista?
yeah i'm not alone

Last edited by a moderator:
supertaco said:
you have vista?
yeah i'm not alone

Yep, but I don't see how people think its a horrible OS. I haven't had any trouble with it yet. Vista users unite. :lol:

Vista is probably pretty cool, but it's not fully developed yet.

Like some programs won't work on it.

Rid3r said:
Vista is probably pretty cool, but it's not fully developed yet.

Like some programs won't work on it.
yes but to my knowlege they are very limited. but alot of programs have bugs, but they still work ok

For future projects, might I recommend you download GMax, much easier program to use once you tinker with it a bit.

That or for the "official" version, get 3DS Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back