Vacuum Formed Mjolnir Armor

Just wondering. I have a NAS costume and it is heavy duty. I was thinking about getting one for my son (mini me), but don't think he would like the weight of the NAS costume.

Aeon

I'm currently working on a set of vacuum formed armor. I personally would prefer Briar's over Westerfields based on the details. Briar's dad is also a big name in the costuming world, so I know for sure his stuff is top notch.

A sheet of plastic is heated up, then dropped on a Master, while air sucks the plastic down nice and tight.
Then they cast out of it, At least I think they cast out of it. Thats what they do on myth busters.
Now with armor, maybe the actual vacuumed plastic is the armor :cautious:

AoBfrost

You spend tons of money off clay and sculpt the helmet, make a plaster mold, make a mold of the mold so you get a replica of the clay piece, vacume form the final plaster piece with hot soft plastic.

I think the best way to do the helmet would be to do it in 3 or 4 molds, such as the top, the sides, then the back, it's impossible to vac-form the helmet as one peice with 1 piece of plastic.

Plus those machines are toooo small.
Go to dexknows.com
Search For prototyping in your city.

Click on some of the listings, and give them a call. They most likely have a Vacu-former that is rentable by the half hour or hour. Make sure you bring your full suit, as you will want to take advantage of the rental time.