Vacuum Formed Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering. I have a NAS costume and it is heavy duty. I was thinking about getting one for my son (mini me), but don't think he would like the weight of the NAS costume.

I'm currently working on a set of vacuum formed armor. I personally would prefer Briar's over Westerfields based on the details. Briar's dad is also a big name in the costuming world, so I know for sure his stuff is top notch.

A sheet of plastic is heated up, then dropped on a Master, while air sucks the plastic down nice and tight.
Then they cast out of it, At least I think they cast out of it. Thats what they do on myth busters.
Now with armor, maybe the actual vacuumed plastic is the armor :cautious:

You spend tons of money off clay and sculpt the helmet, make a plaster mold, make a mold of the mold so you get a replica of the clay piece, vacume form the final plaster piece with hot soft plastic.

I think the best way to do the helmet would be to do it in 3 or 4 molds, such as the top, the sides, then the back, it's impossible to vac-form the helmet as one peice with 1 piece of plastic.

Plus those machines are toooo small.
Go to dexknows.com
Search For prototyping in your city.

Click on some of the listings, and give them a call. They most likely have a Vacu-former that is rentable by the half hour or hour. Make sure you bring your full suit, as you will want to take advantage of the rental time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back