Vehicle files!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorblindgamer

Im desperately looking for vehicle files so i can make some life sized versions of them. All i need is the unfolded pep files. ive got the rest of the ideas worked out. im looking for: the banshee, pelican, ghost, hornet, warthog, and mongoose. and any other vehicles people have to offer. the only super massive one i plan on doing is the pelican, however depending on how things go i may make a wraith.

Do you want it broken down step by step? Or the general idea. Because the general idea is to print large templates using the pep files scaled up. There's gonna be support work made as I go and some sculpting done for higher details. But it'll mostly be fiber glassed cardboard

This could be years in the making. And where would you store something like this? If you leave it out, the elements will eventually win........

This could be years in the making. And where would you store something like this? If you leave it out, the elements will eventually win........
I plan on making them in pieces. And I expect the pelican to take years if I tackle that one. So basically I'll build them in sections and store the sections in my garage or if need be a storage container. Think of how 3D printers make larger builds with small print beds.

I'm hoping I can get started on it. I've just gotta decide which one I want to do first. The pelican is probably gonna be awhile off. I'm thinking a ghost or banshee. Possibly a hornet

Right. Now that it's not the middle of the night, I can give more focus and attention to this.

People have been asking me for vehicle files for quite some time - unfortunately, with all of the other responsibilities I have under the 405th, it's taken a back seat. I'm unaware of any currently-existing unfolds for vehicle files - however, what I will be doing over the next few days is adding the raw resources to the Archive for people to use as they wish.

This unfortunately does mean you'll need to do some processing yourself to clean the files up, but... well, you can't get better than game resources if you're looking tor accuracy. Keep an eye on this thread and the Archive, I'll post up a link once I have some progress.

are you making miniature models of the vehicles, because yeah, the pelican would be hard if you're making it life-size. Regardless, I'm interested in what you have to build.

Right. As promised, I've begun the task of extracting and uploading some of the Halo universe's vehicle files. Currently only the Halo 4 files are online, though others will follow.

Please bear in mind that these files are RAW GAME ASSETS - they are not prepared for Pepakura, and therefore, you'll need to clean them up before use.

To scale the vehicles to a life size you're gonna need a massive printer and massive sheets of paper for nearly every part, if you do manage to tackle the issues and construct a vehicle, it'd be pretty bloody amazing to say the least.

Well guys ive hit my first roadblock. the one thing i dint think of, pepakura has scaling limits. ive got to figure out a way around it. i have some ideas but am not sure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

ive got access to a printer used to print blue prints. that what ill be using to print it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back