Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Recovered Helmet, nice job:
http://cgi.ebay.com/star-wars-republic-com...1QQcmdZViewItem

e9a4_12.JPG

ea33_12.JPG

All that weathering on the helmet but the lens is mint condition.

Its nice looking but weather the lens too for accuracy.

I dont understand one thing though.

The rust insues that the helmet is metal of some sort, but in all the starwars lore that i know of they were some kind of strong plastic i forget the name they used in the books. But it wasnt metal that could rust.

Chewdog316 said:
I dont understand one thing though.

The rust insues that the helmet is metal of some sort, but in all the starwars lore that i know of they were some kind of strong plastic i forget the name they used in the books. But it wasnt metal that could rust.

well if we're getting that technical, moss should only be on the north side of the helm right?

Last edited by a moderator:
the material is plastisteel or something like that. It's a combination of the two. Who knows what the republic commandos stuff was made from though. Quite possibly could have been regular steel *shrugs*

Yeah its called plasteel thats the one and it shouldnt be rusted. Hey it looks awesome im not dogging that but the accuracy is off thats all. I just wouldnt spend that much for it unless it was true to the accuracy.

Its way cool but i dont know man i wouldnt spend all that for a reference, look up tuts if there are any. Although it is at a resonable price i suppose.

I would pick it up then make a RC suit in the same weathering style. Not for refs. A bit much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back