Video - OOH He's got a sword!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is extremely awesome indeed, Ive yet to see anyone here actually do more than walk around in there suit. Why not try to run and jump around and cling to walls, sidestep, ya know....more haloy stuff ?

It is hard to wear those costumes.....

Number one, with most. you can't sit. So you don't wanna eat because you'll have to take it all off unless you engineer it so that you can have a zipper to piss or something. ( I had a nightmare of a time with this in my Clone Trooper armor....now it's modified so I can take off the crotch piece via magnets...I've also put in a crotch zipper......very embarrasing story)

Secondly, it gets very hot. That's why we install fans in the helmet.

Thirdly, if you were to miss you could end up cracking your armor....who really wants that? ;-)

And that's my two cents.

Exactly. Spending as much time, money, and effort on the suits as those here whom have the awesome, "oh dude I wish he'd do some signature MC stuff," suits you don't want to damage or break your babies.

Beyond just a materials situation, where would it be made of robust enough substances to stand actual "MC-style" antics it would be too heavy for most people to wear and move around in easily. Ceramics, Titanium Alloys, and ballistic-resistant and cut-resistant polymers are lighter than steel but they add up.

Also, like Neil Bolkamp and the WETA crew has discovered, the Mjolnir series of Armor (at least in Halo 2&3) isn't..... Quite well designed for anatomically correct people nor a robust and active set of movements.

Not saying that MC's a Ken Doll, but.... He doesn't seem to have the same physical limitations of mobility that "mere mortal men" have.

yeah, you don't see storm troopers running and rolling in the movies. the just kinda shuffle around, and closeline themselves on doors.

Now days a lot of "armor" in movies is foam rubber that is flexible and safer.

Yes indeed, go watch Star Wars...the 1st one that was released...

You'll see the stormtroopers have so much trouble running that they run awkwardly.. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back