Visor fogging up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans are amazing. You can purchase some cheap ones as they are, and even cheaper if the parts are seperate(fan, wires, battery pack, switch, etc.) To solder one yourself. Not only do they keep you cool, but will also prevent fogging if angled twards your vidor. There are some anti fog sprays thag may be worth a shot. I dont know if this is possible, but adding some sort of ventilation or repositioning your helmet will also help a little

Fans are amazing. You can purchase some cheap ones as they are, and even cheaper if the parts are seperate(fan, wires, battery pack, switch, etc.) To solder one yourself. Not only do they keep you cool, but will also prevent fogging if angled twards your vidor. There are some anti fog sprays thag may be worth a shot. I dont know if this is possible, but adding some sort of ventilation or repositioning your helmet will also help a little
I actually do have a set of Troopacoola fans that i can use! now i just need to find a good spot for them, thanks!

You could also try to just put a piece of thin foam above where your nose will be so it deflects the air to the bottom of the visor so it doesn't fog up nearly as fast. I did that in mine and it works pretty well. It is a little bit annoying to adjust though.

Or vaseline, rub a thin layer on the inside of the visor, I do it for my motorcycle helm, although that is for an acrylic shatter proof visor, dunno what you are playing with or if you mirror it on the inside or what not.

I don't have an ODST helmet, but I'm just holding the foam between the helmet shell and the cheek pads. I reinforced some parts of the foam with steel wire, but it also works without. It just makes taking the cheek pads out and putting them back in easier.

You can take some Irish Spring body wash, the kind WITHOUT the little beads in it, apply a small amount to a paper towel, and rub it on the inside of your visor; that's helped me, as well.

15791809261953435363604148593028.jpg

You can take some Irish Spring body wash, the kind WITHOUT the little beads in it, apply a small amount to a paper towel, and rub it on the inside of your visor; that's helped me, as well.

View attachment 283124
This is a common scuba diving trick, I believe most soaps work ftr. I've been thinking of pairing this with my fans.

As was said in the posts above, you can put some soap on the visor, which lets the water collect into bigger drops, so you don't get fog, you still some water. Another option is to make sure you don't breath onto the visor, one way is to take a piece of thin foam and put it above your nose so it deflects the air downwards and doesn't hit the visor. You may still get some fog depending on how well the foam seals against your face and how easy the air can escape, but it should be a lot better.

As was said in the posts above, you can put some soap on the visor, which lets the water collect into bigger drops, so you don't get fog, you still some water. Another option is to make sure you don't breath onto the visor, one way is to take a piece of thin foam and put it above your nose so it deflects the air downwards and doesn't hit the visor. You may still get some fog depending on how well the foam seals against your face and how easy the air can escape, but it should be a lot better.
thanks!

I have this problem all the time been looking for a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back