Visor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

callous

I wish to paint the visors on my 1/6 MC model but I really want to capture that mirrored effect and I don't really know how. Standard gold and or silver spray paints aren't going to give that mirrored effect. I found some stuff on the net called cosmic chrome but I'd have to buy a set up that would cost me hundreds of dollars. Anyone have any ideas?

Gold or silver leaf, but you visibility is way lessoned. Not only that but its not super reflective if at all.

You should cough up the money for a motorcycle shield, that is the best reflector.

I was thinking about sending it out and having someone else do it but I don;t know who to go to for such an odd request and yeah cost is a scary thing. I'm already paying a lot for casts so I don't really want to fork out lots more money if I can avoid it.
I bought some chrome and gold leaf spray paint at my local hobby store. The chrome works great but the gold leaf sucks. I under painted it with the chrome and then added the gold. It looks like I'll have to re-do it though. It's shinny but not at all reflective. It's really the only thing keeping me from completing it all.
Ha sean I was looking at the same site earlier.... think he takes comissions?

Doesn't hurt to ask!

If you can't get this guy to mettalize it for you there got to be someone in the Cosplay biz who can. Think of all those C-3PO's and Cylons out there!

if you go to like homedepot or something you can get a small thin piece of plexiglass or shiny plastic
then paint the inside of it gold and stick it on.
that will definitley make it shiny i have done it before

I know i'm only a noob, but i have thought of something that may help (at low cost)

If you look on YouTube, there's a guy who made a vacuum former.

Keep this in mind.

I think I have a solution.

1. Build a vacuum former.

2. pep and resin visor.

3 grab clear plastic

4. put relfective car window tint on plastic

5. Vacuum form the visor with the clear plastic with the window tint on top.

Tell me what you think, it's just an idea.

odst-058 said:
I know i'm only a noob, but i have thought of something that may help (at low cost)

If you look on YouTube, there's a guy who made a vacuum former.

Keep this in mind.

I think I have a solution.

1. Build a vacuum former.

2. pep and resin visor.

3 grab clear plastic

4. put relfective car window tint on plastic

5. Vacuum form the visor with the clear plastic with the window tint on top.

Tell me what you think, it's just an idea.

I totally agree with you a vacuformer is easy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back