Status
Not open for further replies.

adam4472

i've heard about using old plastic bottles for a visor and i was wondering if

a) can this be done
b) how can this be done
and
c)would it be a decent quality

I do not see why not. If you cut out the middle of a 2 liter bottle, that would probably give you enough material. Just cut around the top and bottom and then make a vertical cut. You could use a heat gun to shape the plastic into a visor shape and then cut to fit like any other visor. This would yield a clear visor, of course. You could use that VHT Nite-Shades paint to get a black tinted visor though. I have also read about people using Krylon X-Metals paint to get other colored visors.

IVE DONE THIS! Works good for the ODST visors :) You need either a vac former or a heat gun, and then you can make it do anything you want.

Need some more substance on this like a picture or two of it being done or at least more description.

@King Ramna the VHT Nightshades is a spray on tint, check out this thread
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26508-Halo-3-ODST-Visors

@adam4472 Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, and various other hardware stores should carry them. Check Walmart too, they might

@dajdog1 The method is probably pretty similiar to the method used in the thread i posted above with the exception of using a heat gun to soften the plastic enough so that you can remove/ reduce its tendency to curl. I'd also add a step about using superglue to glue the pieces together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back