Visor? Why I Have No Idea How To Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

shomago0

hi!

Well i was searching the forums and i read up on some pretty interesting stuff and tutorials i just have one question that is nagging me to no end. How can one make the visor appear so awesome and curved on an ODST helmet. It appears that it was made in 2 separate parts, to be honest i have no idea how it is done. Can someone please shed some light on this?

People have been making vacuuformed visors. It's much easier to get a good looking visor that way.

Edit: Sean Bradley sells visors. He might have a few left.

Just what Queen said. you might be able to purchase a few, try looking in the classified forum. Or trade. whichever :)

There's also another thread around somewhere about making them from sun visor hats by cutting and melting. I am on my phone and it's very hard to post links, but do a search of odst visor technique and it may yield some results.

Rosh said:
There's also another thread around somewhere about making them from sun visor hats by cutting and melting. I am on my phone and it's very hard to post links, but do a search of odst visor technique and it may yield some results.

ODST Sun Visor Technique

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron said:
The two part tecnique, is taking two separate pieces of visor and got gluing them in. This works okay and can end up more accurate as in color. Second is vacuum forming. It involves taking a model of a visor and putting it on the vacuum table. The plastic on it melts to the shape of the visor. if you do this you cannot make it blue. it has to be black or other available colors of window tint. ive never seen blue though.

LIES. It can be blue! Don't use window tint, use Rit dye!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back