visors, glaze, bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

death

what is the best result people have had with visors? i want to try to avoid paying $50-$60 on a motorcycle visor. also, what is a glaze coat and when do you sand the outside? do you sand right through to the fiberglass? lastly, whats bondo and whats it used for?

sorry for the mass amount of questions, but i couldn't find the answers anywhere.

Visors are actually only about 30-35 bucks seperately, but if you want to do the double layered effect, you would need 2. I've heard of people using coke bottles and stuff and just layering gold tint on it.

A Glaze coat is basically something to further smooth out your armor. From my understanding, it should be done last, and requires minimal sanding.

Bondo(body filler) is similar to glaze in that it's something that you put on to smooth out your armor. However, Bondo is used for details and usually leaves pinholes and such. That's what the glaze'll fill in. You usually do a light sanding on the outside, add bondo, and then sand that for smoothness. To my understanding, you'd put your glaze on after this.

It also depends what helm you have- if you're Slyfo's or Flying Squirrel's, you might not need bondo because that has most of the details on it to start. I think Spase only glazed his, and didn't use a lot if any bondo.

I wonder if you could use a clear visor then using gold window tinting, place the indented sections against the back of the visor, the then rest be placed on the outside of the visor. Hence simulating the indent effect. It might be worth a try, proided I can find a template for the visor template.

Anybody??

Anybody???

i've scoured the internet and all local tint shops - nobody has the gold tint, i mean nobody. if you find it please send me a pm to where i can get it. i broke down and bought a gold iridium tint visor from a company called offshore motorcyle parts based out of guernsey england. all together with shipping it only costed me 13 pounds, a little over 20 dollars to get it here in the states. so overall not too bad.

lol well that visor was a good find. US economy SUCKS right now, and i could only find those nice visors for $40 or more. haven't checked ebay though...

dacacheman said:
i've scoured the internet and all local tint shops - nobody has the gold tint, i mean nobody. if you find it please send me a pm to where i can get it. i broke down and bought a gold iridium tint visor from a company called offshore motorcyle parts based out of guernsey england. all together with shipping it only costed me 13 pounds, a little over 20 dollars to get it here in the states. so overall not too bad.

Hm... interesting. This may be something to look into, considering most of the sites suggested here are US sites and shipping from the States is rather expensive and time-consuming..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back