Visors

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to give better suggestions without knowing the helmet this would be for.
Depending on the helmet and the visor shape that you're wanting you could buy a flexible visor material such as the ones sold by Icon Props or buying something like a helmet visor (think from motorcycle helmets), face shield, etc. The Icon Props sheets already have a color and will reflect back. The others can be dyed and chromed to make the one way effect just like vacuum forming your own.

If you wanna go really old school you can buy sheets of plastic and apply one way mirrored window tint then fold them to shape. It's hard to get those looking as good as the previously mentioned methods but if you really want to feel like you made it with your own two hands, that is an option.

For example that is what I did for my ODST visor bc it was important to me to make it myself as much as possible. It took a lot of trial and error and several failed attempts but I'm pretty happy with the end result.
PXL_20210117_182430742.jpg

It's hard to give better suggestions without knowing the helmet this would be for.
Depending on the helmet and the visor shape that you're wanting you could buy a flexible visor material such as the ones sold by Icon Props or buying something like a helmet visor (think from motorcycle helmets), face shield, etc. The Icon Props sheets already have a color and will reflect back. The others can be dyed and chromed to make the one way effect just like vacuum forming your own.
with the icon props visor material is it possible to get the bends and the curves of an odst visor

If you wanna go really old school you can buy sheets of plastic and apply one way mirrored window tint then fold them to shape. It's hard to get those looking as good as the previously mentioned methods but if you really want to feel like you made it with your own two hands, that is an option.

For example that is what I did for my ODST visor bc it was important to me to make it myself as much as possible. It took a lot of trial and error and several failed attempts but I'm pretty happy with the end result.
View attachment 302063
ok i will try it

with the icon props visor material is it possible to get the bends and the curves of an odst visor
Yes. Probably easier than using your own plastic. I will say that the plastic I used was super hard to shape but feels really sturdy and protective. I haven't used icon props' plastic but I was about to buy it if this last iteration of homemade visor hadn't worked.

I will say people who have used icon props' plastic speak very highly of it.

Yes. Probably easier than using your own plastic. I will say that the plastic I used was super hard to shape but feels really sturdy and protective. I haven't used icon props' plastic but I was about to buy it if this last iteration of homemade visor hadn't worked.

I will say people who have used icon props' plastic speak very highly of it.
does the plastic layer act as its own visor or is a a cover for a clear visor

The icon props' plastic is generally used as a visor. You could probably use it as cover for a clear visor if you felt it was too flimsy but I don't think people generally bother to do that.
The icon props visors are really good visor materials that give off a quality appearance for simple shapes at a really cheap price. It has a cardstock consistency to it so it can be cut with scissors and folded, but is still pretty durable. However, that doesnt mean its strong like a plastic visor. As fallen mentioned with the post he linked, they can be cut and glued to make the odst visor, but I would go for a design like falseshepherd did rather than adding the indented ridge like me (that way it looks better and is waaaay easier to do)20210126_163242.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back