Want to start making my own Halo costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Mean Swag

I just found out about this website, and I want to learn how to make my own halo costume. The first thing I want to make is the helmet. I've looked around on this forum, and I haven't really seen any in-depth tutorials. can someone give me some links to a good tutorial on how to make a MC helmet?

And also, I've seen that you make the body and the helmet out of cardboard paper, I would probably like to do that. Fold it, put some fiberglass on it, and then fix it up some more and paint it, then work on the details.

I'd like as much info about making a MC helmet as possible. Thanks!

The info you seek is all over the forums. You just have to search for it. I haven't even started my helmet yet because I have been planning it for weeks. A good set of armor takes planning.

I don't know where to start or where to look. Saying search the forums doesn't help much, not at all. Remember, I'm brand new to this, I don't know what to search or what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Miss Mean Swag said:
I don't know where to start or where to look. Saying search the forums doesn't help much, not at all. Remember, I'm brand new to this, I don't know what to search or what I'm supposed to be looking for.
Uh....how much more direction do you want? How about....start with the Noob Forum, and read the stickies there. Then use the search feature to find what you're looking for.
If you want to make pepakura armor, go to the pepakura thread and read those posts.
If you're going to try modeling and molding, then go to the Molded Armor section.

Everyone was brand new to this at some point, but that doesn't mean they had people holding their hands. It takes a good amount of time, so have patience.

I will say one thing though......
There's not much on this site for helping you learn how to do cardboard armor. Cardboard takes creativity, and a lot of measuring/guess-work. The best hope you have of learning stuff on that is to just look at the pictures of other people who made cardboard armor, and try to determine their methods. We'll help you now and then, but there's not really any hand-holding here. You gotta do the majority of the work; we have our own projects to work on :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Miss Mean Swag said:

Well you have to try in the first place. When people say search the forums it means click on different topics and threads. Look at all the stickies. And READ them dont just look at the pics. Sorry if im raging on you but people need to look for themselves a little not just sign up and first post "teach me"

Last edited by a moderator:
i just made mine out of cardboard and duck tape also get really good pictures if i had a camera id post but alas i dont have one

i pity da fool!

There isn't a tutorial for you.
There are a bunch of STICKIES under pepakura Armor/cardboard armor that will give you the general idea and give you more knowledge on what to do. It's a lot tougher than you think man.
So my suggestions are

A)Read the Stickies (pinned Topics)
:cool: Read prior to asking.

-TonsofHoopla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back